Sunday, June 26, 2016

Logan's 3rd Birthday Party

Last Saturday we threw an early birthday party for Logan. I figured I didn't really want to have a party when I was 39 weeks pregnant. 37 sounded much better!

I started working on his party in February, because I knew things would be crazy in June/July. He kept insisting that he wanted a Paw Patrol party. I really didn't want to do a character themed party (I was hoping for robots), but it was what he wanted and he stuck with it, so Paw Patrol it was!

He was so excited for his party, we had to keep a little calendar on the fridge where he could cross off the days leading up to his party. Boy was he thrilled when he woke up on Saturday!


Here's the cake I made! I was really happy with how it turned out. I think I'm improving on cakes every year. Last year's cake was pretty tilted, and I tried to make sure this one was a lot more straight! Logan was so excited about the cake and of course wanted to eat it right away. I was a little bummed I didn't make the dogs out of fondant, but I tried to take it easy.


Here I am in all my 37 week glory.


Logan eagerly awaited the arrival of his guests. He kept asking all morning, "Are my friends here?" We had actually invited Jordan's friend AJ's two boys, whom Logan met once a year ago, and also Jordan's mission companion, Josh Bracken's two boys, whom Logan had never met. But Logan's really friendly and just assumes everyone is his friend.

When everyone got there, we immediately got in the pool. It got up to 115 that day, so we had the party early, at 10:00, before it got unbelievably hot.

After swimming we came back in and had a yummy lunch! It was actually a really simple lunch. Jordan grilled some hot dogs.


We also had "Veggie Fetching Sticks" and "Fruit Kibble." Logan usually loves grapes but he just wanted to get to the cake.


And "pawtato chips" and "Marshall's Fire Hoses," which were just licorice straws.



This was our drinking station. We just had raspberry lemonade and water.


I just love personalized water bottle labels! I am just obsessed with them. I got these off of Etsy. The girl had a girlie Paw Patrol version and she made these up for no additional cost, just for me!



We took a little break for playing in between food and cake. The boys all had fun playing with Logan's millions of cars.



Finally it was time for cake! Jordan lit the candles.


Logan was so excited to have everyone sing happy birthday to him. We have been playing "birthday party" a lot where we sing and then pretend to blow out candles, so he was very ready!


Such a sweet boy! This was my favorite picture from the day.


Blowing out all the candles!


After eating cake, it was time for presents! He had a lot of fun opening them up. Eli and Jayden gave Logan a big Rubble (from Paw Patrol).


He got a toolbox from Charlie and Cillian.


Jordan and I got Logan a Paw Patrol book and a Paw Patrol matching game. 


After Logan's friends had left, Jordan and Logan had a quick game of Paw Patrol matching before nap time. 


It was a fun party, and I'm so glad Logan enjoyed it. It was really fun because this year he understood what a birthday was and also that I had made everything for him. So that was cute! He's such a sweet boy and I can't believe he's going to be 3 in less than two weeks!

No comments: