I think I'm officially moving into the "staying at home all day, find your own dang food, and use paper plates" part of pregnancy. Everything hurts and if it's not crucial, I'm not standing up to do it. (I have to say, as painful as it is, I'm grateful that it hurts because I'm really really hoping that means my body is getting ready for labor!) Logan is going to be sooooo disappointed this week when we just stay home and watch TV all day. That was sarcasm, he loves watching TV. And I'm not even going to feel bad about it. Well, I'm going to try to not feel bad about it anyway.
Oh, I wanted to update about the doctor situation! I really ended up liking the new practice I went to a couple weeks ago, so I switched over. I usually do not like female doctors, and I'm still not completely sold, but I really, really like them compared to my other doctor. They were all very friendly and actually ASKED QUESTIONS about my previous delivery and my background, let me express my concerns, and answered my questions. I was concerned about them being a rotating practice (you end up with whoever is on call when you go into labor) but they were very proactive and set up all my following appointments with each of the doctors who would possibly deliver Parker at the hospital. There is one doctor who I will not get a chance to meet, and then they have another one who only works in the hospital, but my chance of delivering with her is slim. I already met with the doctor who is on call July 8-10, so I'm thinking she's probably going to deliver Parker and I really liked her, so I'm feeling pretty good about that.
Oh, I wanted to update about the doctor situation! I really ended up liking the new practice I went to a couple weeks ago, so I switched over. I usually do not like female doctors, and I'm still not completely sold, but I really, really like them compared to my other doctor. They were all very friendly and actually ASKED QUESTIONS about my previous delivery and my background, let me express my concerns, and answered my questions. I was concerned about them being a rotating practice (you end up with whoever is on call when you go into labor) but they were very proactive and set up all my following appointments with each of the doctors who would possibly deliver Parker at the hospital. There is one doctor who I will not get a chance to meet, and then they have another one who only works in the hospital, but my chance of delivering with her is slim. I already met with the doctor who is on call July 8-10, so I'm thinking she's probably going to deliver Parker and I really liked her, so I'm feeling pretty good about that.
How far along? 38 weeks 1 day
How big is the baby? Big. A baby-sized baby. My app is currently comparing him to a Pomeranian. Cool.
Total weight gain: I have impressed myself by gaining a ton of weight at the end. I'm probably going to end up exactly the same as with Logan. I have no idea how this is happening and I'm going to blame it on drinking my weight in water every day to try to not get dehydrated in Arizona. So anyway, I'm up to 28 lbs above my pre-pregnancy weight.
Stretch marks: I can't tell. Maybe?
Sleep: Sleep is ...okay. It's not the worst. My doctor okay'd Tylenol PM to help with the insomnia and pain and even though I HATE taking medicine when I'm pregnant, it has really been helping me stay asleep. Falling asleep is still hard but I have much longer stretches where I stay asleep, which is nice.
Best moment this week: I can't even remember what I did this week. We went to Olive Garden, and that was yummy. Logan and I went to a cute children's museum and he enjoyed that, although I got really tired. I think the best thing was that I swam several times and my feet swelling seemed to go down quite a bit, so that's great. Oh and I redid my Jamberry toenails, so they are all ready for the hospital!
Miss anything? Being able to go up stairs without absolutely dying. I really, really hate living on the second floor right now. I'm like, hmmm, is it worth it to waddle down the stairs? And then back up the stairs? I'm like Rapunzel up here, but much less attractive.
Movement: It's slowing down. Which is pretty normal in late pregnancy, but it still freaks me out, so I'm counting kicks a couple times a day.
Food cravings: No, but I'm eating a lot.
Anything making you queasy or sick? Nope
Labor signs: I'm not sure? I've been having some cramping, which is what contractions felt like with Logan (although I didn't know that until I got to the hospital and they were like, "oh look, you're contracting!" And I was like, "What?"). But cramping can also mean nothing. The doc checked my cervix two weeks ago and I wasn't dialated or anything. I'm going to request another check on Tuesday when I go in. Also my hips feel like they are splitting apart which is so great. And hopefully a labor sign.
Symptoms: Heartburn. As always. I'm even getting heartburn from drinking water now. How is that possible? Also, everything hurts.
Belly button in or out? It's poking out slightly which is still freaking out Logan.
Wedding rings on or off? Off, I'm wearing my fake ring from Savannah.
Happy or moody most of the time? Moody. I try to not be moody ALL the time but, as I've said, everything hurts. Seriously.
Looking forward to: Having this baby. Can't wait to meet him! Mom gets here next Thursday, two days before my due date, I'm kind of hoping Parker will beat her here but we'll see.

No comments:
Post a Comment