Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Our First Arizona Visitors

We had such a fun week last night! Mike and Laurie came to visit and we were all excited, especially Logan. They arrived Tuesday afternoon after Logan woke up from his nap. Logan and I sat on the curb and waited when Laurie texted and said they were 10 minutes away, and there they were!


After a yummy dinner of lemon chicken, we left Logan with Mike and Laurie and headed to the hospital to take a tour of the maternity ward. Pretty sure anyone who saw me walk into the building thought I was there to have a baby, but nope, I still have a while to go. I definitely had the biggest belly in our tour group, even though there were two ladies due ahead of me! 

The maternity ward was really nice and I am hopeful that it will be a good experience!


On Wednesday Mike and Laurie went to the temple and lunch with Bonnie and Dennis, so Logan and I ran some errands and then had lunch at Chick Fil A. That even we all went swimming and it was great!

Thursday it was SUPER hot so we took Logan to the bounce house that is just two minutes away from the apartment. Logan had a great time going down the slide a million times and running up and down on the trampolines. 




Thursday evening after a yummy chicken pot pie for dinner, Jordan and I went to the Gilbert Temple. I am definately not fitting into my temple dress right now, so I showed up assuming I could rent a dress. Sadly, they don't rent clothes anymore! I explained to one of the temple workers that I was too big for my dress right now, and they were nice enough to find me an XL dress to wear. We did sealings, which are my favorite, and they let me sit in a chair instead of kneeling, which was great.


Logan has, of course, been waking up early. Fortunatly Laurie is a morning person and she and Mike have been getting up with him and playing cars. He's quite demanding about playing these days. "Grammy, PLAY!" has been heard very frequently in our apartment.


Friday was super hot again, so we went swimming in the morning again. It's so nice to have a pool right outside our apartment! That evening we went to check out the house and see how it was coming along, then got dinner at Panda Express, and then went to a food truck round up to see one of Mike and Laurie's missionaries who had a lived with them for a while (they had had missionaries live in their basement for a couple years before Logan was born). 



He owns a food truck where they have cookies and ice cream, and the cookies were delicious! I got the white macadamia nut cookie and it was just awesome. 


Saturday morning me, Logan, and Laurie went swimming while Mike and Jordan went to get the windshield on our Fusion replaced. It was already 100 degrees by the time we finished swimming at 10am (it got up to 116 degrees!). 


When Jordan got back, we (just Jordan and I) went to see Me Before You, which was a cute romantic comedy/drama that I'd been wanting to see. It was more sad than I thought it was going to be, but it was still a good movie. 

We spent the rest of the day inside, because it was just too hot! But we did venture out for dinner to get some yummy BBQ from this place that Jordan really likes. 


Logan was up early again on Sunday and he played Candyland with Grammy before Jordan and I even made it out of our room at 7:00


We spent Sunday morning just hanging out, and then we went to church and afterwards Bonnie had us over for dinner and it was delicious! She made some amazing rolls and the chicken was delicious as well. We brought all the fixings for ice cream sundaes.

Monday morning it was time to say goodbye, but I'm sure they'll be back after Parker is born!

1 comment:

Laurie said...

That was such a fun vacation! We loved every minute of it. See you soon.