I've been referring to Logan as a 3 year old for a little while now, but now he is OFFICIALLY 3! He was a bit confused because he had his party two weeks ago. He kept saying, I already had my birthday! But we had cake and presents and he eventually went along with it.
First thing in the morning he wanted to open presents. He got some new dinosaur toys, some play food, a new book, and some cookie cutters. He was very excited! He requested sausage for breakfast (which we served with waffles). This kid LOVES sausage.
After breakfast we headed out to the Children's Science Museum in Phoenix. Intel employees and teir families got in free for a couple weeks so Jordan had taken Logan on Friday and he wanted to go back for his birthday! It was really fun and we had a great time, even though it involved a lot of walking (I was super sore the next day!).
We went to Red Robin for dinner, because I wanted to go. Logan never eats anything when we go out, so it didn't really matter when we went. My cheeseburger was delicious. Mmmm!
We came home and had this tiny cake. Definitely not my best, but Logan kept saying, thanks for the cake, Mom!
Here he is showing off his cute card from Grandma.
So excited to eat cake!
It was a super fun day, and it's been such a fun year! Jordan and I watched a video from his 2nd birthday and he was barely talking. Now he never stops! Here are some fun things that he has said and done recently.
He likes shrugging and saying, "It's just me!" in this cute little voice.
He will often ask me, "What are you talking about, Mommy?" and "Are you talking about me?"
He likes to play this game with Jordan where Jordan will pretend he's asleep, and then Logan will go up next to him and yell, "Hooooooonk!" like he's a big truck and wake Jordan up.
He likes to say "Just a tiny bit!"
One day he was playing with Mr Potato head toys in church and kept saying, "Build me!" because he wanted me to put the pieces on him instead.
Since potty training, he is very encouraging of me when I have to go to the bathroom with him (like when we are out running errands). He will say, "Good job, mommy! You're doing it!" Also, whenever we talk about something being an accident (like knocking something over) he says, "It's an accident--just like potty training!"
He has started singing with us (this is new, in the last couple months). It's really cute. He can sing Happy Birthday, Take Me Out to the Ball Game, A Child's Prayer, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, the Paw Patrol Song, and the PJ Mask theme song, and I'm sure others that I'm forgetting.
He loves to play pretend--we pretend we are Paw Patrols and PJ Mask characters a lot. He calls Owlet from PJ Masks "Au-do-let" which is really cute!
He wants to play games--Candy Land, Don't Eat Pete, and Musical Chairs are some of his favorites.
He is also ultra competitive and gets REALLY mad if he doesn't win. We are trying to work on that.
A couple weeks ago someone played a violin in church, and when she was done, Logan said, "I like that sound!" I said, "Do you want to learn to play the violin?" And he said, "Yes, but not right now. When I'm old."
He is such a fun kid, even though I can tell that being 3 is going to be very different! He's certainly asserting himself more and I'm hearing the word "NO" all the time. It'll be interested to see how this year goes, especially with a new baby. I'm sure it will be a learning experience for all of us! He is excited to be a big brother and also to start preschool in August.
We love you, Logan, and are SO glad you are in our family!!







1 comment:
Happy Happy birthday Logan dear
May Happy Days come to you all year
If I had one wish then it would be
A Happy Happy birthday to YOU from me!
Happy Belated Birthday Logan
SLY
Auntie Rob
Post a Comment