This past weekend I had the opportunity to drive up to Boise, ID to see a close family friend get married! Christy Pace is one of my mom's best friends and she's like an aunt to me...and all her kids are my cousins! We used to go camping and fishing and vacationing with them, and they lived down the street from us for quite a while when we were younger. They are great and it was wonderful to have a reunion with them!
It was kind of a crazy weekend, because we had to get up at 4:30am to get there by the sealing, and then we left at 5:30am this morning (Monday) so I could get to work. But it was totally worth it. Here are some pictures of me with Mom and Mom with Grandma that we took at the temple:
Here is the cute married couple, Christy and Fred. May they have a very happy marriage!
Here's everyone at the luncheon afterwards. The lobster bisque was the best soup I have ever tasted. It was truly amazing. Wow.
Mom and I went shopping for Halloween presents for Matt and Jordan after the luncheon. Mom always hears about the cute holiday decorations that Laurie gives me, so she decided to donate one too. We found the most darling, whimsical haunted house on sale at Kohls, and we had to pick it up! You can light a candle inside it and then the windows flicker. Spooky! (It's cuter in real life, but what can you do?)
I'm still trying to find a cute place for it to go in the apartment. I think I might have to (temporarily) move some of our wedding pictures. *gasp*
Anyway, we had a good time shopping except I was incredibly tired from the early morning! Craziness. I took a nap at 7pm and woke up at 9pm and was pretty out of it after that. The next day Mom and I just hung out and talked a lot and watched Kate and Leopold. We were staying at my uncle's house and he made this amazing homemade carmel corn. It was a good day!
I was sad to leave Mom this morning but it was good to get back and see Jordan. Not so great to go to work though! Oh well. As Jordan often reminds me, you can't always get what you want. And I will get to see my family one month from Wednesday, this time the whole family for a much longer time. Yay for Thanksgiving!
Here is Jordan opening his Halloween treat bag from his mother-in-law. Thanks Mom!
Monday, October 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Jamie and Jordie, I love you new blog layout and design, way cute! What a fun quick trip to Idaho! Good for you! SLY Auntie Rob
Thanks for sharing your adventure!!! It looks like you had a great time. I LOVE blogs and people that update them with such fun pictures!!
You are the best!
Post a Comment