Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Meet Aries
I thought I would reintroduce you to the horse I've been riding in my lessons, and show some pictures. Her name is Aries and I mentioned her in an earlier post, but I was riding Tai mostly back then. Now Tai has been leased so I'm riding Aries. She's a 4-year-old warmblood/Arab mix, very pretty but on the smaller side. She's a fun horse--I'll have to have Jordan take some pictures of me riding her some time. Sorry the pictures are kind of blurry; I took them with my phone.
Today was the first really cold day of the winter. It snowed a bit in Orem, and it was really cold, but it didn't stick. I was shocked when I went down to Spanish Fork for my riding lesson and there was snow everywhere! It was so cold, and it was snowing when I started to tack up. I had on long johns, jeans, half chaps, two pairs of shocks, a shirt, sweatshirt, a jacket, and a scarf, and I was still freezing!
Fortunatly one of the girls in my lesson had an extra pair of winter riding gloves she let me borrow (I ordered some the minute I got home, I'm not joking). Anyway, once we got on and started working during the lesson, I warmed up a bit but I never did shed any of my layers.
Anyway, my lesson was so fun! I hadn't had a lesson for a couple weeks due to circumstances outside my control, and I felt a bit out of shape, but Aries did a great job. We jumped three feet high! I haven't jumped that big since two summers ago. It was a wonderful lesson.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment