Jordan and I had high hopes for spending our Saturday at a corn maze. Unfortunatly the weather put a stop to that option, so we had to find other forms of amusement.
We went and picked out pumpkins at Macy's, and we got some nice ones. Only 9 cents a pound! Jordan's was a twenty pound pumkin though. Holy cow. He's going to go all artsy on it again. Me, I just follow the pattern in the book.
When we got home we made some paper mache paste and Jordan let me use him as a model for his Phantom of the Opera mask. The stuff was dripping everywhere and I felt bad for poor Jordan 'cause I could tell he wasn't enjoying it. I said, "Well, we could have just bought that one I saw at the Halloween store."
With his mouth tainted with pasted, Jordan muttered, "How much was it again?"
"Four dollars."
"Why didn't we do that?"
"You told me we should just make one!"
But he stuck it out. Sadly it's still really wet (12 hours later) so I'm not sure if we made it right...so we might have to buy that one anyway. And I didn't get any pictures. Sorry!
After making amazing Navajo Tacos for dinner, we decided to make an apple pie. I was inspired to make a Halloween crust after seeing one of my friends make a fancy crust using star cookie cutters. We decided to use bats. You can't see it really well, but it turned out kind of cute.
While our pie was baking we decided to play Scrabble. Generally, Jordan and I are pretty evenly matched (i.e. we're both pretty bad). However, he made an amazing move about halfway through the game. He started with the word "both" which, although it was on a triple word score, was only 39 points. I wasn't too worried about it. His next turn he added a "er" to "both," which was 45 points. I was a little concerned, since most my plays were around the 15-25 point range. Then Jordan added an "ed" to "bother" which wouldn't have been so bad except that it stretched to a second triple point score. So he multiplied "bothered" by 3 and then 3 again and got 162 points.
I don't know why I even continued playing at that point! He whipped me by 214 points. Wow. Good job, Jordan!
Sunday, October 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You two are the cutest!!!! What a fun night, the apple pie looks amazing and the cookies you shared with us were delicious. Thanks for helping with the Halloween party. Have a fun week!
haha. looks like fun!
p.s.
Thanks for the cookies the other night. They were delish!
Post a Comment