Due to the fact that I still haven't been able to find a job, I got to go to Washington D.C. with Jordan last week. Yay! It was fun. We left Lexi with one of my cute young women and took off in our new car for an adventure. However, I didn't end up taking very many pictures...I'm getting lazy these days. But here are a few.
On Tuesday it was beautiful weather and I met Jordan at the Metro so we could go see the White House (I only got to see the back of it last time).
And we just happened to be there the week of the Cherry Blossom Festival! How cool is that?
The blossoms were beautiful. I was so glad we got to see them.
After we walked throught the blossoms, we went the the Museum of American History, where we got to see Julia Child's kitchen, Michelle Obama's inaugeration dress (gorgeous) and...
Dorothy's ruby red slippers!
Oh and this old boat that came from the Revolution War. Wow, that's old.
Kristi Brown was up in D.C. with her husband too (Derek also works for the FDIC in Albany and went to BYU with Jordan). We went to get cupcakes together from Sprinkles Cupcakes, which is owned by one of the judges on Cupcake Wars. They were really good, but ridiculously overpriced. My cupcakes are just as good. I should charge $3.50 a piece too.
Our last night in D.C. (Thursday) we went to the temple and did sealings. We wanted to do a session but it took us an hour and a half to drive 30 miles after Jordan got off work and I didn't feel like getting out of the temple at 10:30 pm. It was nice, though!
On the way home we stayed at a super nice hotel (we split the 13 hour drive into two days) that gave us free breakfast because Jordan is an awesome Gold VIP member or whatever. It was great. And we stopped in Augusta for a quick go kart ride. Awesome!
It was fun to spend a week with my husband and I even took the week off of couponing, although I did make it to CVS because Jordan's hair stuff was on sale ($9 for $43 worth of stuff plus $9 extrabucks to spend next time).
I had a great time in D.C. and Deise, I wish we lived by you so we could hang out all the time :)
2 comments:
I LOVED seeing some of the highlights of your trip! The cherry blossoms are amazing, and the temple is so beautiful. Thanks for taking the time to share it with us.
Aw, I wish you were here to so we could hang out all the time!!! I miss you lots already Jamie and hope to see you again soon!! :)
Post a Comment