This just in: Moving sucks.
I'm thrilled to pieces to be moving into our house this weekend, but getting ready for it might make my eye twitch.
Jordan's out of town this week, I've had a cold since my birthday last week, and Jordan caught the cold yesterday...so we're both coldy and I'm packing. Yippee.
Also, not only is our apartment a disaster due to packing, but we've been attacked by either fruit flies or gnats (still not sure which) and they are so gross and they are everywhere. I thought ants were bad, but at least you can follow the trail of ants and figure out where they are coming from. I cleaned everything in my whole house and they are STILL here, although in much smaller numbers. Friday they were so bad that I couldn't eat because they would dive bomb my food. Ewwww.
And I found out Thursday that my dog is a serial killer. My good friend Jennifer agreed to watch Lexi so I could go up to Dublin with Jordan for my birthday, and when I went to pick her up Thursday morning, she informed me very kindly that Lexi had killed all but one of her chickens. I feel sooooo bad. I absolutely cannot describe how bad I feel in words. It haunts my thoughts and I don't know how to make it up to her. *wince*
In other news, Jordan was called as Young Men's President yesterday. YAY Jordan! He is awesome and will do a super duper good job.
Life is not bad. We're moving into a lovely house, we're going to Utah for a Cline Family Vacay next week, I'll start work in August, and we have a happy marriage with a cute (serial killer) dog. I'm going to go swallow some DayQuil, suck on a cough drop, turn up the Backstreet Boys loud, and get back to work. :)
Monday, July 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Oh I feel ya. Moving is stressful!! I hope you start feeling better soon
So sorry to hear you're feeling lousy, packing is hideous enough when you feel great! Good luck, wish I was there to help.
Jamie, it's been too long, but I read your blog all the time. Congrats on the house! There is a trick to getting rid of those fruit flies: set out a dish or jar with vinegar, water, and a little dish soap in it. The vinegar attracts the flies, and the dish soap breaks the surface tension of the liquid so that when they land on it, they sink in and get trapped. The dish will be disgusting to clean up after the deed is done, but it will get rid of a lot of those pesky flies. I hope you get feeling better.
Good luck!
Brenna
for me packing and procrastination are always synonymous. ;p
I hope things are looking up!
miss you!
Happy Birthday Jordie! We are thinking about you all day long! SLY Auntie Rob
The house will be worth it. I promise!
Post a Comment