Tuesday, July 5, 2011

An Surprisingsly Awesome 4th of July

Well, our 4th of July ended up being totally awesome. We went into the weekend having no plans...and ended up staying busy the entire day! It was really fun.
Our friends Aaron and Sara told us that Albany's Riverquarium had a deal where you got admission for $5 on the 4th. Jordan and I had been wanted to go (basically just to laugh at the fact that we celebrate dirty water and brown fish in Albany, which is hilarious) but we didn't want to pay $9 a person either. So we met our friends and headed over.

We were pleasantly surprised. I guess when you go in with no expectation at all, you usually come out impressed. Ha ha!

Here we are being really excited about the fish:


Sara and Aaron are much more genuinely excited.


We told Jordan to make a fish face and this is what he came up with.


These little turtles were practicing for cheerleading camp (there are three, they are making a tower).


We got to play the weather game. Aaron had to be Team Sunshine, which was hilarious. I won! Team Thunder is awesome.


Here is the albino alligator, named Moonshine in true Southern fashion.


After we were done I was absolutely starving so we all headed down the street to Riverfront Barbeque, which is soooo yummy. Mmmm.

Then Jordan and I headed off to our next activity of the day. Some of our friends in the ward were throwing a pool party so we stopped in for a couple of hours (sorry, no pictures). We were so glad to see our friends the Scotts since they've been out of town for three weeks! It was really fun to hang out and swim in a nice pool (made me really want a pool... :) )

After that, we came home and cleaned up, picked up Lexi and took her over to Aaron's apartment where Sara had make us an awesome dinner and dessert. Sara's dog Sophie played with Lexi and they had a great time together.


After dinner we drove downtown and set up camp to watch fireworks (Jordan and I actually saw fireworks Friday, Sunday, and Monday. It was great!). We brought the dogs with us and they didn't freak out like I thought they would, which is good. Lexi still has to wear her halti, though, or she pulls on the leash like crazy!

Waiting for fireworks to start.
I got Lexi a darling Americana bandana a while ago and I was excited that she finally got to wear it!



Sara, Aaron, and Sophie

The little Cline family


We had a wonderful 4th. I'm so thankful for my country and all the blessings that come with living here. It is truly an amazing country and we often take for granted everything that we have. I'm so glad that we have a holiday that reminds us of who we are and what we have.

God bless America!

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Wow, you guys really know how to celebrate the 4th!!! Now I wish we would have gone to the river aquarium, next time!!!!

Marcie said...

Who would have guessed a river aquarium could be so cool! My favorite is Moonshine the Gator. I also like how excited all of you look! I'm amazed that the dogs were fine at the fireworks. I think Uncle Rusty would have been wacko!