Friday, October 7, 2011

Oops! I Did It Again


The first time I wrecked my cell phone in a glorious way, I was at my friend Star's wedding. Amira and I had taken tiny little Brett and Michelle to McDonald's in the Suburban during the wedding (since she got married in the temple and I hadn't gone through yet). When we got back to the hotel I realized that I didn't have my phone, I drove back to McDonald's and saw it on the ground, completely smashed. I guess it had fallen out of the car and then I had run it over with the Suburban. I completely panicked because I didn't want to tell my dad what had happened. I was crying and basically beside myself when my parents got out of the temple and they thought that Brett or Michelle had died or something.

Anyway, this became a pattern in my life. I don't know what is wrong with me, but I have it out for cell phones. Once my phone fell out of my pocket while I was riding and then it got rained on. Another time I was riding up in the mountains of Idaho and it fell out and I was sure we would never ever find it (but we did). Last year, I put my phone on top of my car and then drove to work. I found it in the middle of the road completely smashed. There are many other cell phone stories but I can't remember them all right now.

The worst thing about this is that I'm STILL on my parent's cell phone plan. It's very nice of them to keep me on there, since it ends up saving Jordan and I about $70 a month (since his work pays for his plan). Unfortunately, each year I end up doing the "call of shame" so that I can get the password to Verizon to replace my phone. This is made worse by the fact that my dad has kept every phone he has in perfect condition. It's really irritating.

This morning I was mowing the lawn. I have a ton to do before we leave for Atlanta tonight. I was so proud of myself for getting up at 7 am and cleaning the kitchen, doing the laundry, and working on my YW lesson for Sunday. I was ALMOST done with the lawn when I heard a terrible noise. I thought I must have run over a rock, but I looked down and I saw pieces of plastic everywhere. What in the world is that? I thought and then I realized. Oh crap. I've done it again. I guess my phone had fallen out of my pocket and then been covered up by the pine needles that were blowing everywhere.

I called my dad a few minutes ago and he said, "All I can do is laugh," and then gave me our verizon password. I guess he's come to accept cell-phone breakage as a part of me that he can only accept, not change.

1 comment:

RyRy said...

hahahahaha.
This post makes me laugh because I too have terrible cell phone luck, and like your dad, my dad keeps his cell phone in perfect condition for a ridiculous amount of time.
My phone always falls out of my back pocket into the toilet- it has seriously happened like 3xs and always gets interesting looks from the verizon people when I tell them what happened.
;)