Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Early Gender Scan

Today Jordan and I got to see little baby Trick! We had decided we wanted to do an early gender scan because we just couldn't wait any more!

 We went into the doctor's office this morning at eight o'clock. I was really nervous because we haven't seen baby since 7 weeks and it was the size of a raspberry back then! So now, 10 weeks later, I kept wondering if the baby had really gotten any bigger since then.


Well, baby Trick had certainly gotten bigger! Right away we got to see him squirming around and doing his tricks! Jordan told me afterwards, "I didn't even care what the baby was. It was enough to just see him."

Although we both got really excited a few minutes later when the tech said, "Are you ready to know what it is?"








Baby Trick is a boy! I didn't believe the tech at first. I said, "Are you sure?" Since Jordan's family has only been able to produce girls so far, I think we were both shocked and didn't quite believe the tech. We told her about our 9 nieces, so she checked and double checked for us.

We got to watch baby squirm around a bit more. He did some flips and it was crazy to watch him moving around and I couldn't feel a thing! He's 6 inches long at this point which sounds pretty big to me, but I still can't feel anything.

I thought I would cry when we saw baby, but I didn't. I smiled a lot and I think I was just in awe. I still can't really believe that this is real; that Jordan and I will be parents in just five and a half months!

We got a bunch of pictures, so here are a couple of my faves!

Here he is sucking on his thumb.


Here's his little foot. Can you see his little toes?


We are so thrilled to meet our baby boy this summer! Now that we've seen how big and active he is, I think it feels more real! I need to start planning out the nursery!


8 comments:

Dennis and Bonnie Danielson said...

Congratulations! What grand news! Little boys are so wonderful! I'm really thrilled that you are having a baby and that its a BOY!

Deana said...

Congrats! We are in the same boat as you guys...no boys in the family yet...all girls! So we shall see! I love that you used your dog for the reveal!

Linda and Tyrel said...

That's so exciting! :) You're going to have a cute cute little boy. Love the ultrasound pictures and Lexi...she's just so cute. :)

Laura said...

Yay! A boy! :)

Unknown said...

Congrats! I am so happy for you guys! Can't wait to see what he looks like!

xo

Meags said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

Laurie said...

That was the cutest announcement EVER!!!! Way to go Lexi, you are going to be the best helper. We are so excited for all of us!!!!

Unknown said...

Baby Trick is the cutest! And Lexi will be the best canine sitter ever! The announcement is adorable! We are so happy and excited!