Thursday, January 10, 2013

Lexi's Diaper Trick

I really want Lexi to be able to "help" with the baby as much as possible since she's so smart! I might as well put that to my advantage. Plus it will probably make her feel more involved.

Anyway, I decided to train her to bring me (clean) diapers. I started her training this morning and she did really well! She seemed to really like the trick. We're going to keep working on it, and I will eventually move the diaper into the hallway, and then into the nursery.

Here's a little video of part of her first training session. Please don't judge my dirty house too harshly.



If anyone has any other ideas for baby-related tricks, let me know!

6 comments:

Laura said...

this is sooo cool!! she is so incredibly smart. when i get a dog i really need your training wisdom Jamie!

The Sauls Family said...

Have you ever seen the "Carl" series of children's books? Boom. Next job for Lexi! ;)

Linda and Tyrel said...

Lexi is so obedient and smart! Her facial expressions are like Patches. I should train him to do cool things like this. Lexi is adorable!

Marcie said...

I have the smartest grandpup! Wow! She is amazing and adorable! What a darling dog! You've done an amazing job training her.

Marcie said...

What a wonderful dog! You have done such a great job with her. She is such an intelligent, sweet and obedient grand pup!

Elycia said...

Um, I vote CHANGING the diaper for her next trick.