Thursday, January 3, 2013

Utah Trip December 2012

We just got back from an awesome trip to Utah, so be prepared for a looooong post and lots of pictures!

Jordan and I arrived on Christmas Eve at around 10 o'clock. Laurie had put up this cute sign. We felt very loved!


The next day was Christmas. Everyone (all Jordan's siblings, their kids, all his grandparents, and a couple of aunts and uncles) came over for a super yummy lunch and then lots of presents! The 8 nieces all got the same fun presents--American girl-ish dolls and lots and lots of clothes for them! There was wrapping paper EVERYWHERE! Kids sure make Christmas more fun!


Laurie also made the girls and their new dolls matching pajamas! Isn't that fun? All of us older girls got matching ones too.

It's impossible to get them all looking good for the camera

These missionary guys showed up halfway through the present opening. They are Elder Banks and Elder Wenner, and Mike and Laurie keep them locked up in the basement! Ha ha just kidding. They let them live there. They are pretty nice guys! They taught us all about being legit. Laurie gave them the same pajama set she gave the rest of the boys in the family.



Here I am in my pajamas with the presents Laurie gave us for Trick! We won't find out for three more weeks if it's a boy or a girl in there, so she gave me a boy outfit because she never gets to shop for boys!


The next day me, Krista, Laurie, and Krista's girls went maternity clothes shopping. There aren't a whole lot of options in Albany, so I thought I could pick up some things in Utah! Before we left, we went to aunt Lani's and I gave everyone a sock bun lesson.


On Wednesday, me, Jordan, Mike, and Laurie went to the Salt Lake Temple for a session. It was the first time we'd done a session in a LONG time, and it was cool to do it in the SLC temple. I've never done anything but attend weddings there!

We also ended up going to the same session as one of Jordan's cousins and his wife. It was so random, but really fun!


That night we hung out with Chip, Elycia, and their cute boy Taylor. But I didn't take any pictures because I'm a slacker. We went to Cafe Rio and then ate frozen custard.

Thursday we went sledding. Jordan was dead set on sledding even though I wasn't going to sled, and I'm glad we did it because the girls sure had fun. Jamie brought up his two older girls, Molly and Abbie, and Krista and Matt brought Hailey and Aida.

Here's Laurie and Aida headed down the hill.


Here's me, Jordan, and Hailey. I did end up going down once--it was a very slow hill! But the trek up was looooooong. 


Me and Krista, the pregnant girls, hanging out. It was fun to have someone to chat with at the top of the hill. 


I think the next day (?) we hung out with Josh and Merijane and their girls. Laurie and Mike were nice enough to watch Libbie, Katie, and Gabbie while the four of us went to lunch at Leatherby's. Then we came back and painted the snow with food coloring.



That night we had an adults-only dinner with Grandma Cline, some of Jordan's family on that side, and all his siblings and spouses. We went to an Italian restaurant. Sadly, I felt pretty sick but I think everyone else had a great time so yay!


Here's me, Jordan, Jordan's cousin Jenny and her husband.


Jordan's Grandma Cline and his uncle Steven.


On Sunday, December 30, Krista had her baby Sophie. My sisters-in-law are so nice to plan their deliveries around our trips! Ha ha. It is pretty great. Krista's labor was super easy and she looked amazing afterwards. She is setting a high standard!

We got to see baby Sophie only 45 minutes after she was born!

The family with their new addition


Jordan's going to be such a good daddy come July!


The next couple days we visited more people. We got to see baby Sophie again. We hung out with Jamie and Emily and their girls. We saw Jordan's high school buddy Phil and his wife Rachel. 

Tuesday night we stayed up and got on a plane to fly home at 1 AM Wednesday morning. The flight was pretty dang miserable. Neither of us slept, and I got pretty sick. About halfway through Jordan was like, "I'm sooo sorry. We will never do this again." So yay, we'll never have to do it again! After landing in Atlanta we started our 3 hour drive to Albany. We FINALLY made it home and I was so happy to see my bed. Poor Jordan had to go to work, though!

And that was the end of our Utah trip. It's crazy to me to think probably that the next time I get on a plane, I will have little baby Trick with me!

I'm so grateful for Jordan's amazing family. They are all such good people and make me feel so welcome and like a true member of the family. I love all those little nieces of mine. They are all so fun and have such distinct personalities! It's so fun to watch them grow, and I'm excited to add our little one to the group!

4 comments:

Laura said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! So glad you had such a fun trip!

Linda and Tyrel said...

Looks like a really fun trip! Glad you had a great holiday season. You look so happy.

Meags said...

yay! let me know the next time you guys are in town, maybe we can get together then! XOXO

Marcie said...

I'm glad you and Jordan had a wonderful time in Utah! The girls' and dolls' pajamas are adorable. What a Merry Christmas!