So on Friday, five minutes before I was supposed to leave work, I managed to step on a rusty nail.
Don't ask me how this happened, since I work at a preschool, not a construction site. We always put the kiddies into their parent's cars after school, and I had just put a sweet little girl into her daddy's car. I turned around, took a step, and was suddenly in a ton of pain. I picked up my left foot and looked at it, and there was a nail sticking out of my flip flop (hey, it was 80 degrees AND pajama day). I yanked it out and just kind of stared at this rusty 2" nail. I hobbled over to my boss and was like, "I just pulled this out of my foot. Can I go sit down?" I hobbled down to the other 2-year-old classroom, trying to hold back my tears (because wow it HURT), sat down, and pulled off my flip flop. Blood everywhere! A few of my co-workers were sweet enough to doctor me up, insisted I call my doctor to see if I needed to do anything special, being pregnant and all (fortunately I'd already had my tetnus shot), and then I hobbled out to my car and went home.
Anyway. By that night I couldn't even walk--poor Jordan had to carry me from the bed to the bathroom (which, unfortunately, was pretty frequently due to the fact that I have to go all the time these days). By Saturday morning the swelling had gone down enough so that I could hobble from the couch to the bed to the bathroom, but I still spent most the day with my foot up and being totally dependent on Jordan. He was very sweet but its totally lame to not be able to take care of yourself.
I'm so blessed to have Jordan as my companion. The poor guy has had it rough for the past few months, and he doesn't complain! I basically stopped cooking dinners after I got pregnant since I was so sick, plus I don't feel up to cleaning a lot either (although I try really hard to clean when I do feel okay!) and he's been picking up a ton of the slack. And now that I've hurt my foot, I can't stand up for long periods of time and cook or clean, so tonight he made dinner and then did the nasty dishes. I'm so appreciative of him and what he does for me.
Monday, January 14, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Holy yikes!! That sounds PAINFUL!! Hope you're feeling better today.
You look adorable! And I love these questions. I may have to steal this idea from you and Tori... ;)
P.S. I have craved watermelon off and on this whole pregnancy! Our babies have the same taste. ;)
Looking good! You live a very blessed life! Glad to be able to follow your journey!
xo,
Tori
I'm so glad that your foot is finally feeling a little better. What a sweetheart Jordan is! Love you both!
Ouch! Hope your foot is feeling better!! :-)
Post a Comment