Last Saturday, Albany had it's annual Mardi Gras festival. Don't ask me why they hold it in March when Mardi Gras is actually in February, but whatever. It is Albany, after all.
The Humane Society was having a pet parade in downtown Albany during the festival, and I considered taking Lexi, but then I decided it would be too much of a hassle. But that didn't stop me from dressing her in her Mardi Gras outfit! (I got it from the Walmart Valentine's clearance for a dollar). She looks ridiculous, but she loves wearing it. When I get it out she begs and gets so excited.
We stopped by the Riverquarium first and saw my agility friend Phyl! I've never seen her without her poodles. She volunteers at the Riverquarium and was showing everyone this baby alligator. I got to pet it. It was nice but it's mouth was rubberbanded so it didn't bite anyone.
Jordan was playing with his new phone and took pictures of us walking down the street. It was SO COLD that Brinley and Kristi got to wear their cute boots. I was sad I didn't have maternity skinny jeans so I couldn't wear my cute boots too!
After lunch we went back to the Riverquarium and Brinley played in the tunnels. She got Jordan to go in too. At one point she took off her socks and shoes in the tunnel, lost a sock, and then found it. Here she is with her found sock!
We got to see the albino alligator, Moonshine. He's always a favorite.
Here's me and Kristi and Allie. Can I just say it better start getting warmer (it's been in the 50s for the last three weeks), because I'm about to pop out of my coat!
Jordan told me he would buy me a funnel cake if I touched a snake (I'm deathly afraid of snakes). I really wish I hadn't touched it though. After we went home, I got soooo sick from that funnel cake! Fair food + pregnant Jamie do not mix, apparently.
Jordan was mean and made Allie touch the snake too. But apparently she didn't mind!


1 comment:
What a fun Mardi Gras Day! Lexi looks very festive in her outfit, not ridiculous at all! I'm so glad you had fun with the Browns, but it looks so very cold! What strange Georgia weather!
Post a Comment