I was so happy for such bright and sunny weather for Easter weekend! We started out on Saturday with our ward Easter egg hunt and picnic. It was really fun!
I volunteered to hold Allie while Kristi and Derek hunted eggs with Brinley. Allie is the world's most chill baby. I hope Logan acts like her!
Our friend Kelly came to the Easter egg hunt. She is seventeen weeks pregnant with her second, and I thought it was really funny that I am ten weeks ahead of her and only a bit bigger!
After the picnic we decided to plant a little garden. If you'll remember, we totally over planted last year, so we went wayyyy light on the garden this year. We planted tomatoes, cucumbers, squash, bell peppers, and cilantro. It looks really sparse because this year we actually read how far apart the plants are supposed to be! Our other garden box looks the same. We are doing a scientific experiment to see which box grows more/better veggies.
Today was Easter Sunday. The Easter bunny didn't visit our house this year, but I did get a new dress and I just LOVE it! I felt so pretty. And Jordan was kind enough to coordinate his tie with me, even though he HATES matching.
Jaylene, Steve, Jordan, and I sang "This is The Christ" in Sacrament meeting and got a lot of compliments. It sounded really nice. I love singing in church. I feel like it really brings in the Spirit. This song is a really powerful testimony of Christ. Here are the lyrics:
They heard His voice, a voice so mild.
It pierce them through and made their souls to quake.
They saw him come, a man in white,
The Savior, who had suffered for their sake.
They felt the wounds in hands and side,
And each could testify:
This is the Christ.
I read His words, the words He prayed
While bearing sorrow in Gethsemane.
I feel his love, the price he paid.
How many drops of blood were spilled for me?
With Saints of old in joyful cry
I too can testify:
This is the Christ.
This is the Christ, the holy Son of God,
Our Savior, Lord, Redeemer of mankind.
This is the Christ, the Healer of our souls,
Who ransomed us with love divine.
I also taught my Sunday School class. I had the kids each find a scripture about the Atonement that they really liked, and then they shared it with the class and told what they liked about the scripture. Then we watched a short talk by Elder Holland about the Atonement.
After church, the Browns, the Scotts, and us all had Easter dinner together. Since we are all far, far away from family, it's nice that we can all depend on each other for special occasions.
Jordan made some yummy appetizers that were salami with cream cheese and banana peppers. I'd found the recipe on Pinterest but asked Jordan to make them while I was doing the strawberry pie. He did a great job with the meat/cheese/pepper ratio! Derek made some delicious deviled eggs as well. I ate like six of them. YUM!
Here are all us ladies who prepared the dinner! Kristi made a delicious ham and her amazing sweet potatoes, plus she allowed us to use her beautiful home. Jaylene made yummy rolls, a salad, green bean casserole, and better than (fill in the blank) cake. So good! I was in charge of strawberry pie, a pasta salad, and punch. Everything turned out so good. I stuffed myself and I'm pretty sure Logan was in a food coma or else my stomach squished him because I didn't feel him move for like a couple hours after dinner. Ha ha! (Don't worry, he's back to his normal self now)
I'm so grateful for Easter and the Atonement. The scripture that I shared with my class today was Alma 42:23:
But God ceaseth not to be God, and mercy claimeth the penitent, and mercy cometh because of the atonement; and the atonement bringeth to pass the resurrection of the dead; and the resurrection of the dead bringeth back men into the presence of God; and thus they are restored into his presence, to be judged according to their works, according the the law and justice.
Its so wonderful to know that even though we will all make lots of mistakes while on the earth, Heavenly Father has provided a way for us to return to him though the power of mercy. What a wonderful thing to celebrate!



.jpg)


3 comments:
Thank you for this Easter blog. It touched my heart. I just printed it and I'm going to read it to Brett and Michelle tonight. I am so thankful for you and for your testimony of the Savior. I love you.
happy Easter! :)
Looks like a wonderful Easter :)
Post a Comment