Wednesday, March 13, 2013

One Onesie and Two Tutus

I always see all these adorable things people get to do with their kids for holidays, and I just can't wait to do them too! Logan's first holiday is July 4 (it better be, anyway...I fully intend on being induced on my due date if baby isn't here).

Anyway, I ran a search for 4th of July baby or something on Pinterest, and of course almost all the ideas were for little girls. But I did find a really cute onesie that I thought would be pretty easy to make.

Kristi had recently posted an adorable 4th of July tutu that she wanted to make for her girls, so we thought it would be fun to get together and make the outfits for our little ones! She left Allie and Brinley with Derek and came over to my house and we just crafted the night away.

Here's Logan's onesie before I sewed on the buttons. It turned out so cute, but it was kind of a pain to make! The onesie was just so small it was hard to not sew it to itself.


My finished project! It's so tiny! I have a really cute pair of newborn khaki shorts he can wear with it.


Here's Kristi with her tutus! They are ridiculously adorable. Next time I have a baby, it would be fun to have a girl!


Today Kristi added on stars and bows and made them even cuter!


Happy (really super early) 4th of July!




3 comments:

Emily said...

Wow! Both of those turned out sooo cute! I really want to make both of those now.
You should look into a product called Liquid Stitch. I bought mine at Hobby Lobby with a coupon and I attached a crocheted applique to a dress of mine using it. Basically it's like glue, but it adheres fabric to fabric and it's strong like sewing would be. I haven't washed my dress yet, but it has instructions on the bottle for how to wash. A little goes a long way too. It was so easy to use!
Here's a link so you can see what it looks like
http://shop.hobbylobby.com/products/liquid-stitch-tube-107607/

Unknown said...

The onesie is so creative! What fun! Christie's tutus are adorable!

Deana said...

Aw! Both are adorable!