Everyone knows that I love green. It's such a great color! I love that it's everywhere in nature. Maybe I love it because I also love being outside?
Anyway, my love of green also causes me to love St. Patrick's Day, even though I'm (probably) not Irish and I don't drink alcohol. But it is the day of green, and I love it. I also love lucky horseshoes, clovers, and lucky charms.
We had a mini St. Patrick's Day party yesterday for my preschool kids, since March 17 is on Sunday this year. I bought the kids these little leprechaun hats I found at dollar tree (5 for $1!) and we had a yummy snack of lucky charms and magic green lemonade (I added food coloring to the lemonade, which the kids always find amazing!). They thought it was great!
A couple of weeks ago I made the kids these under the rainbow planting pots that I'd seen on Pinterest. They were so cute and easy! We planted mariGOLDs in them (get it? gold at the end of the rainbow!) and they all sprouted!
I also had a scavenger hunt set up for my class. I found a color clover hunt online and they had to find the clovers all the colors of the rainbow. They kids thought it was super fun!
A leprechaun had left some gold candy at the end of the hunt! What a sneaky little guy. The kids were thrilled!
Here are some of my kids with their gold loot! Some found more than others, but don't worry, me and Rachel divided it up sneakily afterwards.
I can't wait to do this kind of stuff with Logan! I'm just so excited to be a mommy!
1 comment:
What a fun little party! Green is a wonderful color! And you've always wanted to go to Ireland! I think you have Irish in your blood, just like Dad!
Post a Comment