Friday, March 1, 2013

Dr. Seuss Day

Today was Dr. Suess Day at preschool! Me, Rachel, and the other two-year-old teachers decided we needed to throw a little party! And of course we can't have a party unless I make a cake!




I spent Thursday working on it. It was a six-tiered colorful cake (that I totally copied from Pinterest), that would have made Dr. Seuss himself proud, I am sure.



A truffala tree! Made of cotton candy and a cake pop stick.

I am the Lorax! I speak for the trees!


In school I read my class a couple of the shorter Dr. Seuss books, then we joined the other class for a showing of The Lorax movie.


We also made these adorable Horton crafts.


Don't you think Horton Hears a Who is one of the best books ever?


Miss Lady also made a fun Lorax mustache for the kids to take pictures with.



Here's me with my cake!



Finally after eating some pizza we cut into the cake! How fun is that?



The kiddies thought the cake was AWESOME. They were on such a sugar high afterwards...it was crazy. Cake and cotton candy...I bet those poor parents are dealing with that right now!




 It was such a fun little party! Dr. Seuss wrote some of my favorite books, and they all have such great morals! We are putting the following Dr. Seuss quote up in baby Logan's room:

The more that you read,
the more you will know.
The more that you learn, 
the more places you'll go!




3 comments:

Unknown said...

I think that Dr. Seuss's birthday should be a holiday and we should all eat Dr. Seuss cake! Horton Hears a Who is a wonderful book--one of my all time favorites. Like Mother, like daughter!

Laurie said...

That cake was sooooo awesome! I love the quote for Logans wall. fun fun!!!

Linda and Tyrel said...

So cute and creative!