Friday, June 14, 2013

Lexi's 3rd Birthday Party

Yesterday we celebrated Lexi's 3rd birthday! I cannot believe that we've had this little dog for three years. She has been such a great little friend to me through a lot of hard times and lonely times. She sleeps with me and keeps me safe and gives me good company when Jordan is out of town (so fairly often). She's super fun and has gone along with every crazy plan I've come up with for us so far. I just know she's going to be best friends with our little guy, so I made this puppy-and-baby cake for her birthday party!


Here's me and the birthday girl.



We had really great weather for the party, so I set up the slip n' slide. The three little girls who came to the party had so much fun playing in the water.


We gave Lexi a little plastic kiddie pool for her birthday. She spent the whole party hopping in and out of her pool and getting everyone wet. She really seems to love it!


We just invited a few people this year because, well, I'm 37 and a half weeks pregnant and more people would have been totally overwhelming. But the guests we did have were fun and I hope enjoyed the party!

Kristi, Kelly, Jaylene

Jennifer and Isabella

Jennifer also brought her dogs so Lexi could have some doggie guests too! She and Lulu had a ton of fun running around with each other during the party.


Little Allie seemed to have a good time too! It was so fun that I had Logan's bumbo available for her to sit in.


The cake was delicious. It was a chocolate cake with salted caramel frosting. Mmmm.


Here's a closer up picture of fondant Lexi and baby. Her brown markings turned out a little more red than I wanted them, but oh well.


It was a fun party, but I was totally exhausted afterwards! My feet were so swollen afterwards I could barely walk. Jordan called me "little elephant." 


It's crazy to think that next June (hopefully, if baby decides he's ready to come!) Lexi will be turning 4 and little Logan will be turning 1! It just blows my mind. Logan's not even here yet and I can already imagine all the mischief they are going to get into together.

Happy birthday, Lexi!

4 comments:

Kristi said...

It was fun! Thanks for having us!

Laurie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laurie said...

What a fun party! That cake was amazing!!!! You are so talented, Logan is one lucky baby to have you for his mom.

Unknown said...

As I read the blog, I kept thinking of how fun it was being at Lexi's party last year! I didn't think you would be able to equal that amazing cake--but this year's is my favorite! What a difference a year makes! I wonder what adventures Logan and Lexi will bring your way before next year's birthday party!