Monday, June 3, 2013

Talent Show 2013

Last Friday our ward held our annual Dinner/Talent Show fundraiser. Usually the Young Women are in charge of it, but they opted out, and so Jordan snagged it for a Young Men/Boy Scout Fundraiser. And he did an amazing job! He recruited a brother in our ward to smoke pulled pork as the main dish, and it was a-ma-zing! But I was a slacker and didn't take any pictures of anything. Sorry! And I totally forgot to charge the video camera, so we had to make lame videos with our regular camera. Sigh.

Last year I didn't perform with Lexi and EVERYONE asked why I didn't bring her. So this year she was back by popular demand! And she did way better than the first time, probably because she's two years older and has a lot more experience in front of crowds. These are the tricks we performed:
  • Wave
  • Spin
  • High five
  • Jump through my arms
  • Peek-a-boo
  • Walk with me backwards and forwards
  • Weave inbetween my legs
  • Go get a diaper
  • Put a onesie in a hamper
She had SO much focus and did a great job. We got a lot of compliments.



Jordan sang and played the piano. He did "A Long December" by Counting Crows, a song I really like especially because it talks about going to California ;) I will get the video up soon.

Jaylene and I sang a couple of songs from Wicked. She was Elphaba and I was Glinda and we sang "What is this Feeling?" and "For Good." It was really fun!

 

Anyway, it was a really fun evening and I'm so glad everything went smoothly since Jordan put so much work into it!

3 comments:

Laurie said...

That is ONE AMAZING PUPPY!!!! I loved that she did everything just the way she was supposed to. You are a great trainer!!!!

Unknown said...

I can't wait for the videos of you, Jordan and Jaylene singing! Lexi and you did great! We clapped and cheered1

Linda and Tyrel said...

I LLLLOOOOOVVVVEEEE Lexi's show! And great singing Jamie! You're full of talents :)