Friday, June 28, 2013

The Bi-Polar-ness of the End of Pregnancy

Thursday night, I woke up with really, really bad cramps. Like super bad.

First thought: Yay! Maybe I'm going into labor!
Second thought: Holy cow, that hurts so bad. PLEASE LET IT STOP.

*after a few minutes the cramps go away*

First thought: Thank goodness.
Second thought: Crap. I'm not in labor. Please, please, please let me go into labor. Bring the cramps BACK!

This week I've been alternating between being super anxious for baby to get here so I can hold him and snuggle him and feed him and love on him and totally terrified that very, very soon I'm going to be in charge of a tiny person who will completely depend on me for everything. I'm thrilled that pregnancy is almost over but worried about how labor is going to go. I'm excited to be a mom, which I've waiting for for so long, but at the same time mourn for my loss of independence. I have so many conflicting feelings about everything that I think I may be going crazy, which isn't good in conjunction with how cranky I am about having become as large as a house and the fact that my feet are double their normal size.

We're all hoping that this craziness will end soon, as shown by one of Jordan's recent prayers:

"And please bless Jamie that she will feel okay these last few weeks...*pause*...days...*pause* possibly hours? of pregnancy..."

3 comments:

Kelsey said...

Hang in there, it's soooo close to being over. And it will all be worth it. I'm so excited for you :)

Dennis and Bonnie Danielson said...

Totally relate to how you feel! I remember those exact feelings running through my head...we are praying that things will go quickly for you!

RyRy said...

You life is going to change. I can only imagine how exciting and scary that may be! A new journey is about to start (hopefully soon!).

love you.