Wow! We are really in the homestretch now. Only four weeks until my due date! It feels like time has completely stopped, though! The nursery is done, I'm through with work, and I have almost everything ready for baby (still need to sterilize his bottles, though). So I'm kind of bored just waiting for him to get here. I need to figure out some sort of project to keep me busy. Fortunately Lexi's 3rd birthday is June 13 so I will be spending a lot of time next week working on her cake. It's going to be fabulous, and I will really be put out if I go into labor before finishing it! Ha ha!
I finally packed my diaper bag and hospital bag yesterday! All my apps have been saying to do this for the past couple weeks, but I was pretty sure I wasn't going to go into labor. Plus I got new luggage (isn't it ADORABLE?) and I wanted it to get here before I could pack. So yeah, I am almost totally ready now, although I still need to pick up a few things for me. I really doubt I'm going to go early though. Everyone says first time moms go late. Bummer.
![]() |
| Don't y'all love my diaper bag? In the South, everything has to be monogrammed. Thanks, Jennifer! |
How big is the baby? 20" and 6 1/2 lbs according to my ticker.
Total weight gain: Probably about 30 lbs by now. More than I wanted to gain, but oh well.
Maternity clothes? Most definitely.
Stretch marks: Nope.
Sleep: I CAN sleep, and I'm grateful for that, even if it's not always the best sleep. Actually the last couple nights have been pretty good. I've found that taking a bath with the Bath & Body Works Sleep aromatherapy sugar scrub helps if I do it right before bed. I'm almost out though so I need to go pick up more.
Best moment this week: Finishing the nursery! I had so much fun putting it together. I'm sad it's over.
Miss anything? My waist! I used to have such a smallish one. Now I don't have one at all. Sigh. I bump into things because I'm so huge, and I have to back into our little toilet room in our bathroom because I hardly have enough room to turn around.
Movement: He pretty much moves all the time. I swear he's trying to push out of my tummy. It's kind of creepy, like an alien.
Food cravings: The cool chicken wrap at Chick-fil-A. I tried it on Friday and went back AGAIN and got one on Saturday. I'm sure I will be getting one sometime this week too. OMGee SO GOOD.
Anything making you queasy or sick? Nope (shocking! I'm sure it will come back soon.
Labor signs: More cramping. I haven't had any Braxton Hicks or anything, which is kind of disappointing.
Symptoms: Sore back. Cramping. Hunger pains.
Belly button in or out? It's out but not too far. Sigh.
Wedding rings on or off? Off. I'm wearing a fake ring I got in Savannah.
Happy or moody most of the time? I'm getting a lot more moody. Poor Jordan, I almost bit his head off the other day when he called and asked for a favor. Then I felt really bad. He's been so sweet this whole time. Everything is uncomfortable now, though, and I tell him this frequently, so poor guy has to listen to all my complaining.
Looking forward to: Meeting our baby boy! What a wonderful thing that will be. I'm so excited. I hope I'm a good mom. I'm also looking forward to...being done with pregnancy! I wanted to be pregnant for so long, and now I feel like I've been pregnant forever. So after next Monday, as far as I'm concerned, he can come whenever he'd like (even if it does mess up my plans for Lexi's birthday cake).
Total weight gain: Probably about 30 lbs by now. More than I wanted to gain, but oh well.
Maternity clothes? Most definitely.
Stretch marks: Nope.
Sleep: I CAN sleep, and I'm grateful for that, even if it's not always the best sleep. Actually the last couple nights have been pretty good. I've found that taking a bath with the Bath & Body Works Sleep aromatherapy sugar scrub helps if I do it right before bed. I'm almost out though so I need to go pick up more.
Best moment this week: Finishing the nursery! I had so much fun putting it together. I'm sad it's over.
Miss anything? My waist! I used to have such a smallish one. Now I don't have one at all. Sigh. I bump into things because I'm so huge, and I have to back into our little toilet room in our bathroom because I hardly have enough room to turn around.
Movement: He pretty much moves all the time. I swear he's trying to push out of my tummy. It's kind of creepy, like an alien.
Food cravings: The cool chicken wrap at Chick-fil-A. I tried it on Friday and went back AGAIN and got one on Saturday. I'm sure I will be getting one sometime this week too. OMGee SO GOOD.
Anything making you queasy or sick? Nope (shocking! I'm sure it will come back soon.
Labor signs: More cramping. I haven't had any Braxton Hicks or anything, which is kind of disappointing.
Symptoms: Sore back. Cramping. Hunger pains.
Belly button in or out? It's out but not too far. Sigh.
Wedding rings on or off? Off. I'm wearing a fake ring I got in Savannah.
Happy or moody most of the time? I'm getting a lot more moody. Poor Jordan, I almost bit his head off the other day when he called and asked for a favor. Then I felt really bad. He's been so sweet this whole time. Everything is uncomfortable now, though, and I tell him this frequently, so poor guy has to listen to all my complaining.
Looking forward to: Meeting our baby boy! What a wonderful thing that will be. I'm so excited. I hope I'm a good mom. I'm also looking forward to...being done with pregnancy! I wanted to be pregnant for so long, and now I feel like I've been pregnant forever. So after next Monday, as far as I'm concerned, he can come whenever he'd like (even if it does mess up my plans for Lexi's birthday cake).


1 comment:
You look wonderful! I love love your cute smile. I hope precious Logan comes just about when I arrive. Hang in there! Love you!
Post a Comment