Sunday, June 16, 2013

Super-Close-To-Being-A-Father's Day

Today was super-close-to-being-a-Father's Day for my sweet Jordan. He is going to be such a great dad, I just KNOW it! I can't wait to see him with little Logan. Partly because he's going to be so sweet, and partly because it will mean that I'm not pregnant anymore. Ha ha!



I wanted to do something cute for his almost-Father's-Day present, so I looked around Pinterest. There were lots of New Father's Survival Kits, so I decided to put one together for him.


I had fun picking out the treats and things to go in the little basket and coming up with the sayings.


Here's what his basket included:

Chex Muddy Buddies (did you know they sell these in packages?)--You and Logan are going to be best BUDDIES!
Sobe drink--You are going to SO BE the greatest daddy!
Almond Kisses--Just remember that, as a new mommy, I'm going to need lots of extra love and KISSES!
Pistachios--Things are going to get a little NUTS around here, but I know you will step up to the plate!
Where the Wild Things Are (I ordered the book, but it didn't get here in time)--Hopefully Logan isn't too much of a WILD THING, but if he is, I know we can handle it together!

Anyway. So he got to open that this morning and I made him a yummy breakfast of waffles and sausage. I'm very grateful that they canceled ward council this morning so I could spoil my sweet husband.

When we got home, he got to pull out his big gift and put it together. We weren't really planning on buying him a grill, but we were at Lowe's yesterday and just couldn't resist. He's been wanting a charcoal grill for a while and our gas grill was the cheapest one at Walmart, so not great quality.


Of course, this gift meant that he had to grill his own dinner. I don't think he minded, though!



We had a super yummy dinner of steak, broccoli, super yummy potatoes, and this mixed berry cool whip fluff I found on Pinterest. It was delicious! Dessert was mini cheesecakes I found at Sam's Club. Mmmm.

Happy Father's Day, Jordan! I can't wait to see you as a daddy!

1 comment:

Laurie said...

What a fun almost Father's day Jordan had! I know he will be a GREAT dad and you will be a GREAT mom. Lucky Logan!!!