Thursday, January 2, 2014

California Christmas 2013

We got to California safely on Wednesday night. Things were pretty lazy the first couple days since Mom was working Thursday and Friday. We just hung around the house.

Logan watched a BYU basketball game with Dad and he got really into it. It was really cute! Logan would jump up and down while Dad held him. They were best buds after that.





Brett had his Eagle Scout Court of Honor while we were there on Sunday. I was in charge of the refreshments. I asked Brett what kind of cupcakes he would like and he chose mint chocolate chip. I'd never made them before but I found a yummy recipe and they turned out great.


Here's Brett and my parents during the Court of Honor. We had it at our house.  



Here's me, Jordan, Logan, and Brett. We're all so proud of him!


On Tuesday, Christmas Eve, it was free Zoo day at the Sacramento Zoo. Me, Jordan, Dad, Mom, Brett, and Michelle all took Logan to the zoo. It was really crowded but still very fun! Logan liked looking at all the animals. 


 Logan was fascinated by the sculptures of the monkeys.




That evening I made broccoli and cheese soup which was delicious! I had spend the afternoon baking as well. I made toffee and fudge. The fudge was a complete failure but the toffee turned out pretty well.

We all opened up our Christmas pajamas. Even Logan had little plaid pajama pants just like the big boys! So fun.






On Christmas morning we woke up and opened presents! It was really fun. My parents spoiled Logan rotten. He got a little tool bench, a bug activity toy (that he LOVES), 4 pairs of pajamas, an outfit, 2 books, and a stuffed horse. I think that's it. Oh, and a San Francisco 49ers jersey. Can you tell they love having a grandbaby?


Here's Mom helping him open a present from my Grandma and Grandpa Huber.



Dad made his yummy Christmas morning omelet which we all enjoyed. Then we played with (Logan's) toys until my Grandma and Grandpa Gallacher and aunt Lynn and cousin Jason came over for dinner. Michelle got a really nice camera for Christmas and was taking pictures non-stop so I basically stopped taking pictures. I'm hoping I can somehow steal her pictures and put them on here.

After a delicious dinner of tri-tip and ham, we were stuffed! It was so good to be with my family on Christmas. We watched a fun movie and then called it a night.

The next couple days were a blur. I got to meet up with Amira, whom I haven't seen in a couple years since she went off and moved to Texas. We went and got sushi, which Jordan isn't a huge fan of so since both 'mira and I like it we could get it and he could order teriyaki. The food was sooo yummy and it was so awesome to see 'mira and introduce her to baby boy!



Friday night Dad had bought us tickets to the BYU Bowl game which happened to be in San Fransisco! Mom was going to come but Logan got sick so she stayed home with him, which was really nice of her. Dad, Brett, Jordan and I went and had a great time, even though we lost. It was really fun to have dinner at the Panera Bread down the street from the park and see everyone in their BYU sweatshirts.




Jordan even got to see his cousin Charlie who just happened to be at the football game. 



We had a ROUGH night that night though. Logan's sleep had been steadily declining while we were on vacation and add that to his cold and we were up most the night with him. Jordan was really good about holding Logan while he slept but that didn't do much for HIS sleeping. Poor guy.

We spent the day just relaxing and playing games.




I got to ride Scout on Saturday too, and Logan took his first horse ride as well!  Unfortunately, Michelle has all the pictures of that, too. I'll have to do another post about that later.

On Sunday it was time to go home. We almost missed our flight yet again even though we were almost two hours early. It was insanely busy in the airport. We flew to Vegas first and then to Atlanta. I couldn't believe how well Logan did. He's a very happy traveler. I had several people on the planes tell me they were really impressed, and one girl said she didn't even know there was a baby sitting right in front of her!


Here I am rolling 3 bags in the airport. Jordan was extremely impressed, but we didn't have any other option since one of us had to carry Logan in his carseat.


We got into Atlanta at 12:30 am and we didn't make it to our car until 1:30...and then we found out that our battery was dead. So Jordan had to find a security guy to jump it and we were on our way home at 2:00 am. We got home at 4:30 and were asleep by 5. Poor Jordan had to go into work at 8:30. Fortunately he only worked half a day; his boss told him it was a good reason for a sick day.

Jordan brought Lexi home with him after work. It was so good to see her! We sure miss her when we are away from her but are so glad we have excellent friends to watch her while we are gone. Logan was so happy to see her. He was a little wary of my parents' Golden Retriever but he sure loves his Lexi!



We had a fun couple weeks out of town but we are happy to be home!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It was WONDERFUL having you here and celebrating Little Logan's first Christmas together! Such a precious, memorable time! We just wish we could see you every day! Love and miss you!