Thursday, January 2, 2014

Super Quick Utah Trip

I'm sorry for the lack of posting! We have had an extremely busy December! I was doing lots of embroidery for people, and then on December 13 we left for Utah and California and have been gone for a little over two weeks!

We drove up to Atlanta Friday, December 13 and stayed at a Holiday Inn so that we'd be ready for our early flight. Well, even though we were up at 5 (after a horrible night since the crib provided was the size of a doll bed), the airport shuttle was full and we had to wait an additional 20 minutes to get to the airport. We would have been okay except the Southwest guy printed out the wrong boarding pass for Jordan so after we went ALL THE WAY through security they sent us back and then we had to go back through security. We arrived at our gate to watch our plane pull away from the door. It was rather horrid.

They were able to get us on a flight to Baltimore, which would then take us to Salt Lake City. Unfortunately the flight to SLC was delayed so we were in Baltimore for three hours, and then had a five hour flight. 



Logan (and Jordan and I) were pretty tired and cranky by the time we all got to SLC but boy were we glad to be there!





We hadn't told any of the nieces that we were coming out, and they'd all been waiting at Jordan's parent's house for "special visitors." Some of them were expecting Santa Claus, but they were all extremely excited to see us! Mike and Laurie had a yummy dinner of pizza and salad for us, and then we got to have our Cline Family Christmas, where everyone opened up their presents, which were Disney shirts that Laurie and I had made during Thanksgiving. They are taking everyone to Disneyland in July, did I mention that? So fun! 


Then they took everyone to the Disney Store where they all got to pick out a present. Logan and I didn't go because by that time we were totally exhausted, but Jordan picked out a bunch of fun cars from Cars and Logan LOVES them.



We had lots of fun visiting all the grandparents and cousins and nieces and siblings and everyone. It was so awesome! The girls thought it was really fun to cover Logan in stickers. It was, until I had to pull them off. Yikes.



We got to see Chip and Elycia and their three kids. We miss them so much! Logan is just as big as the twins even though they are almost 3 months older.


We met up at In-and-Out Burger. I just love their food and we never get to eat it!



Here's Libbie with the amazing snowman that she and her family built. He's the best snowman I've ever seen.


It was pretty cold. Logan had to get all snuggled up to go to church!


He got to wear his new shirt and tie that we got him for Christmas!



One especially fun thing was surprising Jordan's Grandma Birks. She didn't know we were coming, so we went to her house after church. She was so happy to see us!



We also got to visit my Grandparents down in Orem. I didn't get any pictures of Logan with them, sad! But here he is playing in their house. Mom says she remembers my brother Brett playing in this walker 16 years ago!



Our trip went really fast since we were only there for four days. We stole my brother's car on Wednesday and were up bright and early to head to California on Wednesday!

Here's Laurie feeding Logan his bottle on Tuesday night. All snuggly and cozy and ready for bed!


I made Logan a cute shirt to wear for going to California.



Logan is such a good traveler. I think he fussed for a total of a half hour during the entire 11 hour drive. It was just in five minute spurts. That's pretty impressive for a 6 months old. We've done the drive where my teenage siblings have fussed a lot longer than that!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Such a super quick and super fun Utah trip! Logan looks so very handsome in his shirt and tie! Love you all!