Saturday, January 4, 2014

Logan is Six Months Old!

Well, baby boy is now 6 months old! A whole half of a year! Crazy stuff. 


This month Logan has been devoted to working on sitting up. And not sleeping. Yep. Sleep has been terrible, but it's more due to traveling than anything.

Oh, and possibly teething. I noticed this evening that he has two bottom teeth poking through. I started to cry when I saw that. I love his gummy smile. I am NOT ready for it to go away.


He loves Lexi more than ever. I have GOT to get a video of his face when she comes over to him. It's just priceless.


Here he is sitting up during my photo shoot. He's still not great at it, but that doesn't stop him from trying ALL THE TIME. This morning he was up for almost a minute before falling over, though, AND was brave enough to lift both his hands off the ground.


I'm not sure how much he weighs or how long he is...we have a doctor's appointment next week and I will update about that then. He is wearing 9 month clothes, 12 month pajamas (because he's so tall!), and size 3 diapers.


This week he got to sit in the front of the grocery cart for the first time ever. He LOVED it. He's still a bit wobbly but I packed blankets next to him and then he was perfect. I'm hoping it's going to make shopping a lot easier.


Logan has also gotten really good at holding his own bottle. He can even put it in and out of his mouth. What a big, independent boy! He's starting to learn how to put his pacifier in his mouth, which probably means I need to take it away soon.

He's eating between 6-8 ounces every four hours or so, and is also eating pureed baby food twice a day.


Logan has started laughing a lot more. Like an actual laugh. Jordan discovered that he has really ticklish feet!

He's also gotten amazingly good at rolling from his back to his belly. He never wants to stay on his back any more. He tries to crawl but he's not there yet. I'm thinking it will be another month or so. I better get my house baby-proofed!


Logan has also started reaching for us. It's SO cute. Of course, what's not as cute is object permanence. He totally knows when I've left the room so now it's hard to get dressed. Or eat. Or go to the bathroom. Sigh.


We just love our little guy! I know I say it over and over again, but he brings so much joy to our lives. Even though life is a million times more busy and exhausting, it is also a million times more wonderful. 


Happy 6 months, little man!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What precious pictures! He is growing and changing so very fast! How we love this little guy. He brings his grandparents so much joy too! How we treasure the time we spent with him this month! Love you all!

Laurie said...

He's the cutest 6 month old boy I know!!!!