I'm sure this has popped up on everyone's Facebook feed by now, but I just find it hilarious and oh-so-truthful. Jordan and I are big fans of the song "Royals"--it was my ringtone for a while, even--and this parody that someone made is just awesome. You can go to this website to listen to it (although I'm not a huge fan of the singer).
My favorite part is definitely "Everyone who knows us knows, we're losing it--we look like zombies." Some days I really look do like a zombie. Also, I have woken up later than Logan exactly ONCE since he's been born, so I really haven't set my alarm clock (since he usually wakes up around 6:30 or earlier).
Rested
Lyrics by Josh Stearns and Erica Carlson
I never set my alarm clock anymore
I wake up before the dawn, I get up early
And I’m not proud of my outfit
It’s three am
And the baby’s screaming
I wake up before the dawn, I get up early
And I’m not proud of my outfit
It’s three am
And the baby’s screaming
And every minute’s like diapers, Thomas, splashin’ in the bathtub
Juice stains, snack traps, screamin’ in the minivan
They don’t care, we can’t remember the last time we dreamed
But everybody’s like swaddles, white noise, sleeping with your baby
Warm milk, rocking, let them cry it out now
We don’t care, we haven’t slept in a couple years.
Juice stains, snack traps, screamin’ in the minivan
They don’t care, we can’t remember the last time we dreamed
But everybody’s like swaddles, white noise, sleeping with your baby
Warm milk, rocking, let them cry it out now
We don’t care, we haven’t slept in a couple years.
We’ll never be rested (rested)
Now that we have kids
That kind of luxe just ain’t for us
We gotta find a different kind of buzz
I drink my coffee (coffee), you can call me sleepy,
And baby I’ll sleep (I’ll sleep, I’ll sleep, I’ll sleep)
Let me live that fantasy.
Now that we have kids
That kind of luxe just ain’t for us
We gotta find a different kind of buzz
I drink my coffee (coffee), you can call me sleepy,
And baby I’ll sleep (I’ll sleep, I’ll sleep, I’ll sleep)
Let me live that fantasy.
My friends say that they have cracked the code
They sleep in to 8 am, and go to parties
And everyone who knows us knows, that were losing it
We look like zombies.
They sleep in to 8 am, and go to parties
And everyone who knows us knows, that were losing it
We look like zombies.
And every minute’s like diapers, Thomas, splashin’ in the bathtub,
Juice stains, snack traps, screamin’ in the minivan,
They don’t care, we can’t remember the last time we dreamed
But everybody’s like swaddles, white noise, sleeping with your baby
Warm milk, rocking, let them cry it out now
We don’t care, we haven’t slept in a couple years.
Juice stains, snack traps, screamin’ in the minivan,
They don’t care, we can’t remember the last time we dreamed
But everybody’s like swaddles, white noise, sleeping with your baby
Warm milk, rocking, let them cry it out now
We don’t care, we haven’t slept in a couple years.
We’ll never be rested (rested)
Now that we have kids
That kind of luxe just ain’t for us
We gotta find a different kind of buzz
I drink my coffee (coffee), you can call me sleepy,
And baby I’ll sleep (I’ll sleep, I’ll sleep, I’ll sleep)
Let me live that fantasy.
Now that we have kids
That kind of luxe just ain’t for us
We gotta find a different kind of buzz
I drink my coffee (coffee), you can call me sleepy,
And baby I’ll sleep (I’ll sleep, I’ll sleep, I’ll sleep)
Let me live that fantasy.
No comments:
Post a Comment