Thursday, January 30, 2014

Snowmageddon!

On Monday I started getting all these emails from our relief society president about an ice storm on Tuesday. I called Jordan and was like, "Um, should I be worried?" and he said no, Georgians panic about any kind of cold weather.

On Tuesday, he ended up leaving after a half day because his bosses were worried about all the employees driving in the "ice storm" which was supposed to hit in the afternoon. I was thrilled he was home and the supposed storm didn't even hit until midnight. 

When we woke up, there was a slight scattering of snow on the ground so Jordan was thinking he would probably have to go to work. But he checked his email and his boss said that they didn't have to come in. Snow day! Yay!

Lexi and I went outside to check out the house.



Pretty impressive for Georgia. 

We watched the Albany news while we were drinking our hot chocolate and thought it was hilarious that people were sending in pictures of their snowmen that were about 2 inches tall, and that they got out a snow plow to plow the roads that were completely clear. Oh, Albany.

We took Logan out to see the snow. He lasted for about 5 minutes before deciding it was just too cold!





We decided to brave the roads (the news kept telling us to stay inside) and go see Frozen, which I've wanted to see for a while. We were nervous about taking Logan, but we planned it right during his nap and he fell asleep in the car and then slept through the entire movie. It was AWESOME.



The movie was really good too. Great music! If you haven't listened to "Let It Go," go search for it on YouTube. Logan is in love with Elsa.

We tried to go to Michaels so I could get some stuff for my new embroidery love, felt paper dolls, but Michaels had closed due to cold weather, I guess. It was ridiculous! Sam's Club was open, though, so we got some pizza and then headed home.

And that was our snowmageddon! We survived it and had a great time.