Saturday, February 13, 2010

Cake decorating week one

I guess technically it's week two of the class, but we didn't do anything last week except learn to frost. This week is when the real fun began.

My friend Deise and I are taking the Wilton cake decorating class at Roberts. There's one class a week during February and each class is two hours long. We each had to bring a frosted cake to class, and in honor of Valentine's Day, I decided to make a red velvet cake. It tastes so yummy.


I filled it with a cream cheese filling, and then frosted it with buttercream frosting.


Today in class we learned how to do writing, stars, and we started working on making a rose. We also learned how to do a piping gel transfer (which is how I made the pattern on my cake). At the end we had time to decorate our own cakes. The book suggested making a rainbow cake, but I made a cute My Little Pony cake instead.




The instructor asked me if I had a daughter at home. Nope!
Here's Deise with her cute rainbow cake. She didn't get to finish all the way, but it still looked great!


And here's me with my pony!


Very fun class! I can't wait to see what we learn next week.