I love the Olympics! They are so great. So for four hours every night I plant my butt on the couch and don't move. That's probably pretty awful, but they are only two weeks for once every two years, so I figure it's okay.
Jordan and I have really enjoyed cheering on Team USA, especially the snowboarding, the skiing, and the figure skating. Fortunatly, those are the only things that they show.
Which makes me think of all the other sports that they don't show, like....horseback riding! I really, really don't get why they show cross country skiing, which is totally boring, and not horseback riding, when people are flying over six foot high fences. It's very exciting! And you can hold your breath, just like in ice skating, because people fall. A lot. Very dangerous sport. I just don't get it.
Here are some clips from the awesome 2008 Olympics:
Man, I miss horseback riding.
Anyway, the snowboard cross rocked my socks. I'm excited because Torah Bright, who won the women's snowboard cross, is LDS and I'm hoping to interview her for the magazine. I need to talk to my editor, plus, it's probably pretty hard to get an interview with a gold medalist, but I'm going to try!
Saturday, February 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
We have been enjoying watching the Olympics too!!!! Good luck with getting an interview with that cute Gold Medalist that's LDS, that would be awesome! See you tomorrow.
Post a Comment