Saturday, February 20, 2010

I just thought I'd post some pictures from last weekend and this weekend so everyone could see what we've been up to.

Here are the beautiful roses my wonderful husband got me for Valentine's Day.


We celebrated by eating at Outback (so, so good) and going to Divine Comedy (their best show in a year) and then coming home and eating my red velvet cake. It was yummy, but I was sad to cut into it.


It was worth it, though.

Today, Deise and I went to our third cake decorating class. We were allowed to choose between bringing a cake or cupcakes, so of COURSE I brought cupcakes. They were really good key lime ones. Yum. I really liked this one type of flower we learned to do, so I put those all over my cupcakes.



They are cuter in real life.

Here are Deise's cupcakes:


I frosted the other half with whipped cream, because they taste better with whipped cream than actual frosting. But I still made them cute!


Jordan and I went riding out at Heritage today after we did our weekly grocery shopping. He rode Frey, our biggest and most popular horse. He's 17.2 hands, which is a little over 5 1/2 feet at the shoulder. He's a gentle giant.


They got along really well because they are both big, mellow guys. Jordan learned about leads today, since Frey kept picking up the wrong one. If a horse picks up the incorrect lead, it's very uncomfortable to ride and difficult to go around corners. Jordan was a great student, and he finally got Frey to pick up the correct lead and canter a few laps. Like they say, every time you ride a horse, you are training it.

I rode Barbie, our smallest horse, and made her jump.


She's used to kids riding her and not making her do anything, so she was a bit reluctant at first. I'm out of practice jumping, so my body is way too forward in this picture and my leg is too far back. Sorry for the crappy quality, our camera doesn't do motion too well.

By the way, Mom, I rode in MY saddle today so I could try out my NEW sturrips! They were great. Thank you thank you!

Jordan and I also raced around the barrels we have set up in the indoor for my girls next week. Very fun!

2 comments:

Laurie said...

I can't wait to try your Key lime cupcakes, they look darling, love the flowers! It looks like you had a great time horseback riding. I loved the pictures of you and Jordan. You are a great teacher!!!!

Laurie said...

Love the new St. Patties background for your blog!