Last year, Mother's Day was horrible; even though Jordan tried to make it better, I think we were both down in the dumps. I wasn't sure if we would ever be able to get pregnant and I had no idea what the future held. I was grateful for the support and love I felt from my husband and friends, but I just felt so sad and lost that day. I honestly had no idea that a year later (even though it's felt like a loooooong year), I would be only 7 weeks away from meeting my very own baby!
This year Jordan bought me a bouquet of beautiful flowers (actually, he bought TWO because he wasn't pleased with any of the arrangements, and then arranged them together himself!) and a very cute necklace. He also made me a yummy breakfast of strawberry pancakes.
I think he started the jar of love on our very first Valentine's Day. He cleaned out a pickle jar, decorated it with construction paper hearts, and printed out a bunch of pictures and wrote sweet notes on the back. Then he filled the rest of the jar with more hearts and some yummy candy. He's been adding more pictures to the jar of love each Valentine's Day since then, but this year he didn't get a chance, so he did it for Mother's Day!
Here are some of the sweet things he wrote:
(On a picture of me and Lexi doing agility): Thanks for not being some boring wife who would let me just sit around instead of having fun. You make life great. I love you.
(Picture of my pregnant belly at 32 weeks): 32 weeks and gorgeous! Thank you so much for all you are going through to have our little Logan. You will be the greatest mom. I know you will!
(Picture of us on our cruise): Most pregnant women would go on a cruise just to eat. I can't believe how brave you were to let me lead us around places we've never been in foreign countries. I have so much fun being your husband.
(Us in front of the Orlando temple): I'm so grateful to know I get all of eternity with you. I wouldn't have it any other way!
(Me putting up beadboard in the kitchen): You are such an industrious little worker. Thanks for helping me with all of my projects. We make a great team. I love imagining how great our future is going to be together.
(Logan's ultrasound picture): Logan has no idea, but he is already the luckiest kid in the world, You are the greatest wife and you're already becoming the best mom. I can't wait to tell Logan just how good he has it.
So, basically, I have the sweetest, best husband ever. Thank you Jordan for making my transitory Mother's Day so special!
1 comment:
I am so thankful for my sweet son-in-law and beautiful daughter. You two make wonderful team. Little Logan is doubly blessed.
Post a Comment