Thursday, May 23, 2013

Crafts with Jaylene

Today I was able to get my craft on with my friend Jaylene! She has been SO BUSY working this past year that we hardly ever get together other than at church. So since we are both finished with work now, we thought it would be fun to get together and do some fun crafts!

I decided to embellish some burp cloths with some fabric that I had leftover from Logan's nursery. I got the burp cloths at the consignment sale a while ago (4 for $2) so it wasn't a very pricey craft!


The black one is my favorite. I think it is SO CUTE. I want to add ribbon to the other two. I didn't have any coordinating ribbon for those fabrics so I just might have to run to Hobby Lobby tomorrow (ribbon is half off this week!).




Jaylene embellished a shirt she'd gotten on clearance. Well, she did the buy-two-shirts-and-cut-one-up trick like I did last fall. She only paid $3 per shirt. Awesome!

She cut out and made a bunch of flowers out of the bigger shirt and then sewed them on. Here she is with the first flower sewn on...


...and here she is wearing the finished product. I think it turned out super cute!


Super fun! I hope we can spend lots more time together before she moves to Kansas at the end of July!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like so much fun! Craft on, Ladies! :)

Kelsey said...

They are so cute! You are so crafty!