Plus I am totally proud of myself for making/designing/repurposing almost everything in the room. The only things we bought were the furniture (obviously), except for the little bottle table, and the wall art above the crib from Hobby Lobby. Not too bad! Of course, all of my ideas came from Pinterest. Thank goodness for Pinterest!
Anyway, without further ado, here's the nursery:
Watch the video, because it's more fun, but here are pictures of the nursery so I can print them out with my blog book for this year!
Here's the crib, with all the bedding I made and the mobile mom and I made, plus the Hobby Lobby wall art that started it all! Seriously, one of those was the first thing I bought and the whole room went off of it.
My cute glider and Logan's name. I covered the wooden letters with leftover fabric from his quilt.
Here's the little side table I repurposed. It was a little TV tray that was brown and ugly because we'd spilled paint on it (I'm not even sure how) and it had gotten pretty banged up. But I just painted it with leftover paint from the nursery and stenciled it and it turned out adorable!
Those bookshelves are made from rain gutters. Jordan hung them up and I LOVE them. Logan already has a ton of books since Jordan and I are big readers. I also sewed that curtain and the saddle pad for Toby-the-horse
Here's his cute dresser. On the left is a piece of wall art that Rachel (my preschool aide) gave to me as a baby present. So cute!
This is a little shelf I painted that goes on the left side of the dresser. It just has some little stuff on it for now. That sketch of baby Jordan was done by Jordan's dad. Isn't that cool?
I love this scripture, so I designed a vinyl cutout on the Cricut. It certainly is VERY true in our case.
Here's his closet with all his little clothes and such.
I bought these boxes from Dollar Tree so we can keep his things organized.
I made these little size tags out of wood, scrapbook paper, stickers, and ribbon. I have all the way up to 12-18 made so I can just switch them out when he gets bigger!
So that's the nursery! I'm just thrilled with the result and it's been so much fun! I keep telling Jordan though, I feel bad for our next kid because I will probably be too busy to make such an awesome nursery like this one. But I will still try, future kiddo!
Also, I just have to give a shout out to my husband. He has been so supportive and sweet through my "nesting" and doing this room! He never told me I couldn't do something (I really was trying to stay low-cost, though, don't go thinking I spent a fortune on this room!) or that he didn't like the ideas that I was having, which I really appreciated. And he oooh-ed and awwww-ed over everything I made, just like he was supposed to. He's so great, and I am one lucky wife!
I can't wait until Logan moves into his little room!
7 comments:
Oh my goodness! So, so cute! You did a great job!! I love everything and you organized so well. I know I've been baby hungry, but I lost it when I read the vinyl scripture on the wall. :)
That is the cutest nursery! Now I feel kind of bad for McKay and his ghetto fabulous room. Good job Jamie!
Soooo cute! good work! i love how crafty you are.
Your nursery looks SO cute!!! The mobile and scripture are my favorites! :)
Jamie! I love it, so colorful, fun and laid back. Little Logan is one lucky man! It really is a great space, nice work!!!
Jamie you did a beautiful job! It looks fabulous. I wish I had a room that looks that awesome! :)
so happy for you.
love,
Ry
LOVE LOVE
LOVE!!!
Post a Comment