My parents came into town last week for the birth of their grandson, which hasn't happened yet. We've been attempting to keep ourselves busy anyway.
Our baby swing arrived in the mail, and while Jordan was at work, Dad and I put it together. Well, Dad put it together and I handed him the pieces. He didn't really understand what we were building (it's kind of a different looking swing, and the picture on the box was bad) so it was kind of a surprise!
Here we are with the finished swing. I just love love love that it is green and brown and matches our family room decor!
Mom and Lexi have been going on lots of walks. She brought Lexi a new toy and a Chuck-it Ball Launcher and Lexi is pretty stoked. She loves it when we have visitors.
After I made Lexi's birthday cake, Mom told me she really really wanted to taste the salted caramel cupcakes, so we made some. Mmmm. The frosting is so good.
I saw a darling wreath on Pinterest a little while ago, and when I still hadn't gone into labor, Mom and I decided to make it. I am so so excited about how it turned out. I made a 4th of July wreath last year but now I can't find it! If you'd like instructions on how to do this wreath, you can find them here. It was super easy!
I did the stars a little different than the original wreath--I didn't bother with the wire, but it is still adorable!
On Saturday, my parents headed out on a mini vacation to Panama City. They never get to go anywhere by themselves and I wasn't having any signs of labor, so I sent them off. The weather wasn't great but they still have a fun time.
They got to snorkel on Saturday.
They stopped by the alligator lake...
...and they made an alligator friend!
On Sunday they chilled in their hotel room and walked down a pier, had some yummy lunch, and then drove back to Albany.
It's been fun having them here, but we're all just waiting for the main event. Logan has to come and make them grandparents for the first time! I'm so glad that they are able to be here for this big event!
3 comments:
Almost there Jamie!!
I wish we would have been able to be there, but the next best thing is having your sweet parents there!!! We are going to love sharing Logan with them!
\
Oh, it is wonderful being here! We feel so blessed to share this time with you, Jordan and Logan!
Post a Comment