Thursday, October 17, 2013

New Experiences for Logan

As baby boy grows older, its fun to watch him experience new things. He absolutely adores his play mat, but lately he's been wanting to sit or stand all the time. I think he's tired of three months of laying down! We decided to buy him a jumperoo. He's too short for it still so I have to put a couple blankets underneath it, but he still really enjoys it.

Here's his first go in it--a little uncertain, but interested.


Second try a few hours later. He thought all the toys were really interesting.


And third time's the charm. I moved his feet and bounced him and he thought it was GREAT!


Here's a video. It's probably way too long for most of you, but the grandparents will enjoy it :) 



Here he is figuring out one of the rolly toys today.



He's also been SO HUNGRY lately. This kid will down 7-8 ounces every three hours. It's ridiculous. So I wanted to start him on rice cereal. I know, the AAP suggests waiting until six months old, but they change their mind frequently about when to start them on food and in my opinion no one really knows what to do about babies because guidelines are changing all.the.time. So think I'm a bad mom or whatever, but Logan was hungry and it seems like he needs extra something in his diet.

He was definitely more than willing to try it. A lot of it slopped out of his mouth so I'm not sure how much he actually ate, but he had a good time trying!

Here's a video. Please ignore how I say "messy" about 50 times. I hate listening to myself on videos!


And some pictures...


I didn't put a bib on him. I know, what was I thinking?


I'm also not sure how any ended up on his leg. Kind of crazy.


We tried again tonight and it went a lot better. He really seems to enjoy eating! Just like his mom. Ha ha ha!
'


Look, I remembered a bib!


Logan has also become a lot more aware of his toys, which is fun. If I lay a toy on his tummy he will usually hug it, which is adorable. 


I bought him a light up snail toy yesterday that rolls and plays music. I was surprised when today he started hitting it, which made it light up. He's so very smart!


It's so fun to watch him learn and grow!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love love the videos! The grin and explanation of delight at the end of the jump-a-roo video is precious! I can't wait until Christmas!