Today my little boy turned three months old! I can't believe it's been another month. It's just craziness.
This month Logan has started being a lot more vocal. He makes all sorts of noises now. In fact, I had a hard time taking pictures because he just wanted to talk to me the whole time!
Logan has started to suck on his fists a lot. He love love loves them and sucks on them to fall asleep. Of course, he really didn't want to do it for the photo shoot. Oh well.
Logan's tummy time has gotten much better. I have to say, I've been working REALLY hard on it! Because he has a flat spot on his head, I want him on his tummy as much as possible, but he kind of hated it for a while. I tried to make it fun, and now he's accepted that it's just a part of life, and he actually smiles during it! Sometimes, anyway.
Baby boy has gotten so big. He doesn't have another doctor's appointment for another month, but I'm guessing that he weighs close to 15 lbs. At least 14.5. He's so heavy! He's now in 3-6 and 6 month clothes and size 2 diapers. He usually eats about 5-6 ounces every 3 hours.
Logan and Lexi are still friends, although she's gotten a bit jealous in the last month. She likes to squeeze in between Logan and I when we're playing on the floor. She's never aggressive, she just wants attention. I can't wait until Logan is big enough so they can enjoy each other more. This will probably happen around the time he starts throwing food on the floor.
In the past month, Logan's sleep has gone down the drain. It has been absolutely awful. He went from waking once a night to waking twice, then three times, then four times a night. It was really taking a toll on me, especially since during the day he only naps for 30 minutes at a time (seriously, it's like he has a timer hidden in his crib). He was exhausted, I was exhausted, and something had to change. My friend suggested the Sleep Sense program and we started it on Sunday night. It's going good so far. I'm sure I'll do a blog post all about it when we've finished.
Logan really DOES have hair. He doesn't have much of it but it's there; it's just so light you can't see it. He still has that annoying patch of dark hair on the back lower part of his head. I'm tempted to shave it.
Logan has recently decided he likes to sleep on his side. We lay him down on his back, but starting about a week ago he rolls to his side and sleeps like that. It's really cute. But he never does it when he's just hanging out with me on the floor. Weird!
This kid has the funniest expressions. He definitely gets his eyebrows from his daddy!
Logan still absolutely loves bathtime. Other favorites include lotion massage (which Jordan is way better at, by the way), going outside, going on walks, and eating. He also loves playing on his piano play mat. He has started swatting the toys. He's really good at it!
So that's pretty much what Logan's done this month. I'm so excited that the holidays are coming up--we get to celebrate Halloween, and then Mike and Laurie are coming for Thanksgiving, and then we go to California for Christmas! Hip hip hooray!
We just love our little man. We're looking forward to him sitting up and seeing his personality come out even more. He should also start rolling more soon, and I REALLY REALLY hope he'll start sleeping better soon. Good grief.
We love you, Logan!
3 comments:
I love his facial expressions! so fun!
Oh Little Logan, you are just SO cute! We love the posts and we love watching you grow! We just wish you lived closer and we can't wait to see you at Christmas! I do believe it's time to be sleep-trained instead of training Mommy and Daddy to be up all night. We love you!
Love his smile! And the picture with Lexi - so cute. Happy 3 months!
Post a Comment