Wednesday, November 16, 2011

First Agility Trial Goals

Lexi and I are going to our FIRST AGILITY TRIAL on Saturday. Holy cow. I can't believe it's already here. We're going down to Tallahasse for a United Kennel Club trial.


I have no idea how she's going to behave. Absolutely no clue. She could shock me and be really good, or shock me and be really bad. Or somewhere in between. It's impossible to know.


We will be competing in the AG-I trial and we'll get to do two runs. Our goals are:


1. Keep Lexi in the ring.
2. Don't make any stupid mistakes like calling her over a jump, waving my hand directly in front of a jump, or touching her or an obstacle.
3. At least have her attention focused and ready to go on the first 2 obstacles. After that, I'll understand if she gets confused/distracted.
4. Keep Lexi from going to the bathroom in the ring.
5. HAVE FUN! And give her lots of love after anything she does well.


Okay. Well, I'll let you know how those goals go. I'll try to take it pretty easy on Lexi. After all, it's hard to follow in the footsteps of her brother Scout, who won his first 3 jumping classes at his first horse show.

I just really, really hope people are understanding and nice.
PS: I was searching for "first agility trials" online and I found this video...it's pretty hilarious. And it could definately be what Lexi and I look like on Saturday. The run starts at :42. Enjoy!


2 comments:

Marcie said...

I can't wait to hear how she does! Go Little Lexi!

Laurie said...

You are right, that is hilarious! Lexi will be awesome, she's my most talented grandpup!