This year I hosted my first Thanksgiving dinner. It was way more work than anticipated but I think it turned out okay. Unfortunately I didn't get to take any pictures of actual people during the dinner, but what can you do?
One of the great things about Georgia is that you can enjoy being outside from September to May. We have such a wonderful patio that we decided to set up dinner outside. We borrowed some tables and I decorated them very cutely, in my opinion.
 |
| We had 10 adults and 5 kids at dinner. Full house! |
 |
| Centerpiece |
 |
| Food serving table |
All the families who came brought lots of stuff to help with the dinner. I got to help Jordan fry the turkey, as well as do a spinach dip, mashed potatoes, stuffing, gravy, an apple pie and a chocolate pie.
I got a little fancy with the pies, which I don't think I'll ever do again.
 |
| Apple pie--I forgot to take an after-baking picture |
 |
| Chocolate pie |
 |
| Injecting the turkey to be marinated. I got to use a needle. Fun! |
The food was yummy and the company was great. I hope everyone had a great time!
2 comments:
What a wonderful hostess you are! I'm so glad that all went well and that you had a happy Thanksgiving. I love yout pies and your table decorations!
Jamie and Jordie, I LOVE reading your blog. I'm so very impressed with you two hosting Thanksgiving. Way to go and I loved reading about Cooper's Thanksgiving too. You two are the BEST! SLY Auntie Rob
Post a Comment