Let's start by going over our goals:
1. Keep Lexi in the ring. Success! She didn't even try to jump over the fence.
2. Don't make any stupid mistakes like calling her over a jump, waving my hand directly in front of a jump, or touching her or an obstacle. Success! I somehow managed to follow all the rules.
3. At least have her attention focused and ready to go on the first 2 obstacles. After that, I'll understand if she gets confused/distracted. Success! She did get distracted and run away, but not until the fourth obstacle. On both runs. Weird. Oh well, she came back.
4. Keep Lexi from going to the bathroom in the ring. Success! No pottying in the ring.
5. HAVE FUN! And give her lots of love after anything she does well. Success! We both had a great time. And I gave her a ton of love. You can hear me go YAYYYYY! on the video after she completes her runs. I made the biggest fuss over her.
| Well, duh. I'm awesome. |
Icing on the cake was that she qualified in both runs (meaning she made it through without making a disqualifying mistake, like jumping off an obstacle). Once she has 3 qualifying runs, she has "titled" in that divison, meaning her name would then be U-AG I Cline's Southern Debutante.
She also got second place in both runs. She was the fastest dog, but got points taken off for mistakes. There was a ridiculously obedient pit bull named Punisher (I know, right?) who got a perfect score so even though he was 4 seconds behind Lexi, he won. Oh well.
| Going up to get our ribbons. |
| Posing with prizes. |
Everyone we met was really friendly and all the dogs were very cute. The food was very good and we had a great time!
| Is it my turn again soon? |
Jordan was a big helper and walked Lexi around for me while I was listening to the judge and wore her out a bit before her turn. He was also nice enough to buy me a professional photo (which will be coming this week!). He discovered that Lexi likes to climb trees and has decided that they should make cross-country agility.
Lexi had a really great time and I hope we'll be trialing more in the future! Probably not till after the New Year though.
| My favorite part was the running. Oh, and the bacon that Jamie gave me. And this new sheep toy I got to pick out. Yum. |
2 comments:
Like I've said before, you two are amazing!!! What a great team you make.
So proud of you and Lexi. Someday I'm going to see you two compete. Love you!
Post a Comment