Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Harvest Deals

I'm not quite sure where my love of cute decorations came from. Maybe somewhere in my biological family tree there is a very crafty and creative person. But I was always the one (even from when I was like 6 years old) who wanted to get out the holiday decorations the first day possible. It was probably really annoying for poor Mom, who had lots to do.

This year as I was putting my Halloween stuff away, I realized I had almost nothing for Thanksgiving. I have a few adorable things that my mother-in-law was kind enough to give to all us daughters-in-law, but that is about the range of my Thanksgiving decor. I was talking to Jordan about this and realized that I didn't have anything because I always go decor shopping the day AFTER the holiday to get the good deals--and I NEVER brave Black Friday. Boo. So I was pretty convinced that I would never have cute Thanksgiving stuff.

Since we're having Thanksgiving at my house this year, I decided to run by Hobby Lobby this morning to pick up some fabric to make tableclothes (look how CRAFTY I am, ha ha!). I was absolutely thrilled when I saw that all of their Thanksgiving stuff was 80% off! That's like almost free! So I went a little crazy, but with the fabric (which I got on clearance for $3 a yard) I spent $30.

All of my bounty

I picked these up for my mom. She had been saying she wanted a pilgrim couple,
which they didn't have, but I thought these women were really cute.

Fabric on left is Lexi's bandana. Fabric on right is for tablecloths.

I think we'll put the rolls for dinner in the basket. The pumpkins say "Harvest."


I had been admiring the "C" gourd ever since they put out the
 Halloween stuff, but it was $25. I got it for $5!


Yay for deals and steals!

1 comment:

Marcie said...

I love your stuff! What good taste you have. I love the fabric you picked out too. I can't want to get my pilgrim and Indian. Love you!