Saturday, November 26, 2011

My First Black Friday



I've never done Black Friday before, but I thought it would be fun to go this year! Jordan and I had decided we'd really like a Wii, and we weren't going to brave Walmart, so we went to Sears. We got there at 3 in the morning! I couldn't believe I could even function that early.

We stood in line in front of these 2 really old ladies who had obviously been "doing Black Friday" all night. They were really funny to listen to. Jordan and I played Angry Birds until Sears opened at 4 am. And YES we got our Wii and a few games that were on sale too.

After we did Sears we went over to JCPenny to get a mini donut maker for $10 but I ended up getting a darling mini cake maker.


I'm really excited to use it! We also got Jordan a bunch of dress shirts.

I think something happens to your brain on Black Friday. You feel like you are up so early and making such an effort that you have to buy EVERY great deal you see. It was a little crazy and I'm sure we'll end up taking some stuff back.

However we did realize that we could have bought everything we bought online without waking up early or leaving our house. But it was still an experience and I'm glad I did it at least once.

1 comment:

Marcie said...

You black Friday deal shopper!! Great job!