I have been looking forward to my mom's trip for a long time! In December we decided that she should come out for our 3D ultrasound and my baby shower (my friends were nice enough to plan the baby shower around Mom's trip!). We planned so far in advance it felt like she was never going to get here, but she finally did!
Her flight got in late last Wednesday, so Thursday was our first day together. We decided to pamper ourselves by getting pedicures. I can't breathe when I bend over anymore, so I think I should be getting a few more in the next couple months!
When we posed our feet to take this picture, Lexi came over and put her feet in too! I'm not kidding, she did this by herself. Too cute!
After our pedicures, we got some yummy frozen yogurt. Delicious!
Then I put Mom to work! She has been wanting to help with the nursery, so I had some projects lined up for us! The next few days we just hung out and did our projects.
We made a darling sign to hang over Logan's books.
And we decorated some letters with leftover fabric from his quilt.
We also made some adorable newborn onesies.
We also made a mobile, which is possibly my favorite thing we've done for the nursery so far, AND it only cost me about $15 to make. It was kind of time-intensive but it went SO much faster with a helper! Mom punched out all the circles and I sewed them together.
The finished product. I'm in LOVE with it!
What Logan will see:
I had no idea that Mom could be crafty! Seriously. No clue. I am super impressed by her craftiness.
We also watched some movies and played games with Jordan. He was not completely neglected during all of this...although he was a little bit. Poor Jordan!
On Sunday after church Mom and I took off for a super quick trip to Savannah. Jordan was so sweet and let us use two of his free Marriott nights so we could stay downtown. We arrived Sunday night and crashed in our hotel room. I watched HGTV and Mom read The Great Gatsby.
Monday morning we were up bright and early. We'd gotten a deal on a trolley tour. You could ride the trolley all day and get on and off at 15 different stops in the Historic District, and along the way the driver would tell you all about the history of Savannah. It was so fun! There were also actors who played famous people from Savannah who occasionally popped on and off the trolley (we got three during the whole day--Jim Williams, a pirate, and Johnny Mercer). I thought it would be stupid but they were really good! I learned a lot.
Here's me and Mom in Forsyth Park.
Cute Mom in one of the squares of Savannah.
Mom by the Mercer House (it's haunted!)
After we got back from our tour, we hopped in the car and drove 20 minutes out to Tybee Island and the Crab Shack, where we had dinner.
We ordered the seafood sampler, which had snow crab, king crab, shrimp, mussels, crayfish, sausage, corn, and potatoes. It was INTENSE!
Here's Mom eating her first crayfish. They were actually pretty good, even though they look totally creepy.
My favorite was the snow crab. It was amazingly good. We ate most of our food except for the mussels. They looked really nasty. Mom tried one. I did not.
Unfortunately, I got quite sick on the drive home. *sigh* Jordan pointed out later that a pound of shellfish for a pregnant lady who suffers from heartburn and nausea is probably not all that smart.
Tuesday morning we ran over to the mall because I wanted to buy a maternity swimsuit from Motherhood. All the maternity swimsuits in Albany are absolutely hideous. I'm excited about the one that I bought! Mom also got me an adorable shirt that I ended up wearing to my baby shower.
We also went to Gymboree where they were having a CRAZY sale. All their clearance was an additional 25% off, plus I had a 20% off entire purchase coupon on top of that. We picked out some darling stuff and I was getting ready to pay, and Mom basically shoved me out of the way so SHE could buy things for her grandson. It was pretty funny!
Then we sped off for home. We got back around 4:30, which gave us just enough time to make ourselves look beautiful and then head over to my baby shower, which you can read about here.
We had our redo ultrasound Wednesday morning (read about it here) and that pretty much wrapped up Mom's trip. Lexi was super sad to see Mom go, and I was too.
It's really weird to think that that was the last time Mom and I will hang out before I'm a mom too! Well, other than a few days before Logan is born if he behaves himself and waits. She and Dad are coming out for the birth, which is awesome. When I dropped her off at the airport I kept telling myself, only two more months till I see her again! But it still made me really sad to say goodbye. I don't think moms are supposed to be this far away from their daughters. But I'm very grateful that Mom was able to come out for this special trip!
I love you, Mom!
3 comments:
I love this post! So sweet that you got to spend mom-daughter time. And your projects are so cute!
Oh, Sweetie, we had so much fun! I love you! And tiny Logan will arrive next I come! I can hardly wait! Moms and daughters are definitely not supposed to live this far apart! I miss all Y'all so much!
I love you and appreciate you doing the blog so we can cherish these memories.
Post a Comment