Jordan and I have been trying to do a bunch of stuff that is made a lot more difficult after you have a baby, and one of the things on our list was to visit New Orleans. It's only about seven and a half hours away, so it wasn't too bad, especially since we split the drive up. We got to New Orleans around noon on Friday and immediately headed into the French Quarter.
This was our view as we were driving down the street. It was pretty cool looking.
We parked and walked around for a few hours. We saw this cool cathedral that looked like a castle.
There were a lot of local street artists (along with lots of tarot card readers and a bone lady. Yikes!)
We wandered down the flea market and I got some yummy ice cream and Jordan got a praline pastry. We bought Logan a cute alligator toy too.
I was pretty proud of myself for doing so much walking! I only had to stop and rest a couple of times.
After our boat ride, we had dinner at a place called Oceana. I got crab cakes and Jordan got jambalya pasta with alligator sausage. Both were really good!
When we got back to the hotel we were soooo tired, so we decided to relax in the hot tub. I just put my feet in, of course. I was jealous of Jordan...I looove hot tubs!
Saturday morning, we checked out of our hotel and went to the mall to get beignets, which are a super yummy French donuts. They had a Gymboree in the mall, which is one of my favorite baby stores, so Jordan and I each picked something out for baby Logan.
After that, we stopped by this cool cemetery I had seen by the side of the freeway. It had lots of mausoleums and sculptures. It was really pretty with lots of trees.
After our little tour of the cemetary, we drove to the Garden District, where there are all these fancy old houses. Jordan found a walking tour on my smartphone so we followed it around and read all the descriptions of the houses.
This one was my favorite--it was the cornstalk house. It was owned by a Colonel in the Civil War, and his wife really missed all the corn in Kansas, and so he had this fence made especially for her. Isn't that sweet?
This house is owned by Sandra Bullock. We also saw a house owned by Nicholas Cage, and a house used in the movie Benjamin Button.
Here's Jordan by some fancy house.
After we both got tired of walking, we had a couple of hours to kill, so we drove over the Mississippi River on this cool bridge. We went to yet another mall because Jordan wanted some new clothes but this one was totally lame. Oh well.
We went out to our swamp tour and rode on this a little boat. It was a fun little ride but we had some super annoying loud drunk women on the boat and they thought they were sooo funny. It was hard to hear the tour guide and I wanted to shove them overboard. I know, I'm a mean pregnant lady.
We actually didn't get to see any alligators, which was disappointing (I guess they are still hibernating, the lazy reptiles!) but we did see snakes, birds, and turtles. It was still really fun!
After that we picked up a pizza and started our drive home. We drove to Mobile, Alabama and stayed there for the night. Then today, we finished our drive home. I drove first, and made it almost three hours before I stopped and had to go to the bathroom and switch with Jordan. Jordan called me a road warrior, which for some reason I thought was hilarious.
Anyway, we had a really good time. Jordan and I almost always have a good time when we're together though! I'm so blessed to have a husband who is my best friend.














4 comments:
What a fun trip! I think New Orleans is beautiful (at least when it ISN'T Mardis Gras!). Oh, and your bump sure looks mighty cute in your pics! :)
You two are darling! I'm so glad that you had a fun trip together. New Orleans looks very cool!
That looks like an awesome vacation! I've always wanted to go to New Orleans. I'll have to go soon. Like the pictures a lot. You are the cutest pregnant lady!!
How fun!
Post a Comment