Thursday, April 25, 2013

World's Cutest Baby Shower!

This past Tuesday, I had the opportunity to attend the world's cutest baby shower.

It just happened to be mine! 

I have such adorable friends who threw it for me. Megan and Kristi organized everything, and Jaylene donated the use of her beautiful home, and other friends helped with some of the food. I am SO blessed to have such wonderful people in my life who shower me with such love! Megan even came all the way from South Carolina to throw the shower. Back when we were having infertility problems, Megan promised me that when I got pregnant she would come back and help with the shower, and she totally did! Isn't that just the sweetest?

Can you tell what the theme was?







That's right, it was a cowboy party! Perfect for my little cowboy. Everything was SO cute. I loved all the burlap and denim and bandanna print. So, everything!

All the food was super yummy. We had friend green tomatoes, carrot cake cupcakes, s'more pops, chips n' salsa, and mac n' cheese bites. AMAZING!





They also served raspberry lemonade, which is fast becoming a favorite around here. I found the recipe for Kristi's baby shower in October, and we've used it a few times since then!

Of course we drank out of these mason jars, which Kristi and Megan decorated so cutely. Jordan thinks it's so weird that we like to drink out of mason jars.


They had these cute bags of peanuts as party favors! Love them.


We played some cowboy games, including one where you had to walk like a cowboy by putting a balloon in between your legs, and also cowboy trivia.


And I realize now that I was horrible and didn't take hardly any pictures of people! How awful of me. Here's a list of the people who were there, though: Mom, Melanie and Miranda (my neighbors), Jennifer, Madeline, and Isabella, Jaylene, Kristi, Megan, Jana, Melissa, Amanda, Kelly, Cydnie, and my agility buddies Phyl and Christy. But no pictures of any of them. Sad! I'm so glad they could all come, though!

I got to open lots of lovely gifts from my friends! Everyone was so kind and Logan and I were utterly spoiled. Mom especially had gotten Logan a crazy amount of clothing. I guess her first grandbaby must be well dressed!


This was a playmat my Grandma and Grandpa Huber sent to me. Can you tell I'm really excited about it? Baby Logan can lay on his back and kick the little piano with his feet, and it will play music. Isn't that cute?



Finally the party was over and we said our goodbyes. Here I am with the cute hostesses, Kristi and Megan. 


Here's me and Jaylene!


I'm so lucky to have such wonderful friends. They are such a blessing in my life.

The shower was SO much fun. I can't believe it actually happened, partly because it means we're getting really close to having a baby! That is so exciting and scary at the same time! I looked at my ticker today and it said that there are 67 days to go before my due date. That's not very long at all!

When I woke up Wednesday morning, I felt like it was Christmas! I wanted to go through all my stuff and take pictures. I'm putting them up because I know my sister and mother-in-law want to see Logan's loot.

Here's our collection of diapers and wipes.


Here's clothing 6-12 months.


Here's clothing 12 months and up.


3-6 months


Newborn (just the elephant outfit) and 0-3 months


World's cutest bath towel and burp clothes


Bath stuff, more burp cloths, blankie, pacifiers, diaper ointment


A few toys (check out that Lexi dog! TOO cute.)


Of course I had to have Lexi pose with the Lexi toy.


A bunch of the Relief Society sisters also went in together and gave us a Pack n' Play! We are so lucky.



Logan's closet is filling up! I can't believe how much people have given us and yet how much more we have to buy for baby boy! Babies sure have a lot of gear that go along with them!

No comments: