Jordan and I went strawberry picking with the Browns on Saturday. It was beautiful weather! It was so fun. We picked about 15 lbs of strawberries, which was TOO MANY! Note to self: next year, stop after two buckets!
Brinley and I picked the prettiest red berries we could find.
Kristi and Allie found some good ones too!
Here's my bucket of berries after picking. Yum yum yum!
My favorite part of the outing, though, was the strawberry ice cream. It was so amazingly good! Jordan and I got a large cone to share, and I quickly realized that was a bad idea. After we ate our cone, I went back in and bought another cup of ice cream. It was totally worth it!
Kristi got a strawberry lemon slush and fed some to Allie. Allie wasn't too psyched about it. Ha ha!
When we got home, Jordan and I made 12 jars of jam, but then we ran out of jars (even though we had a TON of strawberries left). Today I bought more jars, and I'm going to make another batch of jam tomorrow. We also made some strawberry bread that was really yummy!
We have so much jam that I agreed Jordan could take some to his home teaching families.
Strawberries are so yummy. It's so fun to have access to strawberry fields so close to us!



1 comment:
Your jam looks BEAUTIFUL!!! What a fun adventure.
Post a Comment