Monday, July 8, 2013

Lexi Meets Logan

Obviously I tried to prepare as much as possible for having Logan and Lexi meet. Lexi is a very special part of our family and I didn't want her to be sad or feel unloved or anything. We were very very blessed that my parents were here, not only to be here for Logan and helping me while I recovered from childbirth, but also to take care of Lexi while we were in the hospital for three days. Thank goodness!

Dad and Lexi got to be especially good pals
They took her on lots of walks and played with her while we were gone. I even videochatted with her a few times while we were in the hospital! I missed her so much, especially when I was in labor. She's been such a comfort to me that it was hard to go through that without her!

We had taken a special blanket to the hospital and wrapped Logan in it for a day so it would smell like him, and then had my parents take it home the night before we were discharged to let Lexi smell it. This was supposed to help her recognize Logan.

When we got home, I had Jordan carry Logan while I petted Lexi and gave her some love. She had seen Jordan a few times but not me, so she was super crazy excited to see me. Then she noticed that we had someone else with us. As you can tell, she was pretty dang thrilled to meet him.


We got him out of his car seat and I held him while loving on her. She didn't jump on me at all, which was great. She did seem a bit confused, though. For a few days she seemed kind of upset at me but not at Logan--she liked him fine. She will lick his toes and run to him when he cries. Since I haven't been very mobile I haven't been able to play with her much, but I'm feeling better now and have been able to play a bit and we are getting back to our normal relationship.



Last night Lexi kept going over to Logan in her bouncy seat and trying to gently lay her ball down next to him. She couldn't figure out why we kept taking the ball away and telling her no. She was being so so sweet! She's going to have to wait a while until he can play ball with her, though.

Today she seems like she's pretty much completely adjusted to the change. I love this little dog and my little boy and I know they are going to be best buddies!




3 comments:

Unknown said...

It was so cute when Lexi kept trying to give Logan her ball! She couldn't figure out why we wouldn't let her leave it on him when she was just trying to be his friend!

Linda and Tyrel said...

I LOVE this post. So tender. Lexi has a beautiful soul and I'm sure she and Logan will be great friends :)

Laurie said...

I loved reading your new posts about our sweet little Logan! Lexi is a great pup and will be a great friend for Logan.