It's been hard to do anything crafty since Logan was born, but I'm starting to get things more under control now. Logan takes more reliable naps, and so now I can actually plan some fun things for me!
Kristi and I have been wanting to do some Halloween shirts for our kids. We had been looking on Pinterest for ideas, and eventually we decided what we wanted to make. On Tuesday we went out and bought some fun fabric, and today we got down to business!
First we used fusible web to make our appliques. That stuff is the best. It is so fun to work with.
Although I was having serious issues for some reason. First, I put my fusible web on the chevron fabric going the wrong direction (so the chevron would have been going vertical instead of horizontal. Then I cut out two sides of the vest that were facing the same direction. Sigh. Finally I got it figured out.
Then we ironed the appliques onto the shirts and onesies. So fun! I loved them already.
Kristi made two pumpkin shirts for her girls. She added ribbon stems and leaves after I took the picture.
Then we set up our sewing machines to do a satin stitch and stitched all around our appliques. It didn't turn out perfect but it looks pretty good. It would be perfect if I had an embroidery machine. *hint hint*
At that point, Logan woke up and we had to take a little break for some love, attention, and formula. I brought Logan's travel play mat with me so he could play for a bit. He was such a good baby while I was sewing...he slept for almost three hours right when I got there, then he was up for almost two hours, and then slept for another two hours. Awesome! Of course, he might not sleep tonight. Maybe not so awesome.
While he was playing on his playmat, I made a bow tie out of some cute dot fabric Kristi had. I forgot to put the black buttons on before I took the picture. So picture a couple of black buttons on there too.
We made Allie and Logan show off their new shirts together. Allie likes to try to climb all over Logan, so Kristi had to hold her arms down. Ha ha!
Here's my cute little man!
Logan has started to find his hands. He just loves sucking on them!
Here's another picture. Because he's just so dang cute!
While Logan was taking his second nap, I worked on his bat shirt. I'm not sure if I'm totally done with it. I might add his initials or something.
Cute little button eyes!
Before I left, Kristi had finished appliques for two other shirts for Brinley. They are so cute!
I wanted to make an autumn leaf shirt for Logan. I was going to put three leaves on it and then stitch an "L" into the center leaf. I was almost done when I noticed the shirt had ripped through when I was stitching around the yellow leaf. So very sad! I was extremely bummed, but Kristi suggested I put a bigger leaf over it kind of like a patch. I will probably try that out tomorrow or sometime next week.
And that was our crafty day! It was so much fun. Thanks for being such a good sleeping boy, Logan!















2 comments:
What fun! Logan is absolutely darling in his Halloween shirts! You and Kristi are amazingly crafty and creative! I love his chevron vest and bow tie!
These are all so cute, Jamie! You're so creative! Wish I was this crafty. :)
Post a Comment